Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with sort order thumbs in downloaded siteground theme  (Read 6752 times)

Robynn

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I recently downloaded a coppermine theme from the siteground website.
I have already adapted the theme to my needs, but now I have discovered that there is a problem with the sort order for the thumb images of my gallery.
I have already checked the original theme and it also had this problem so it does not have to do anything with the adaptations I made myself.

Problem is that I don't know where to look to solve this problem.
In other themes I have already tried, the sorting options are shown behind each other but here they are shown below eachother so they are not really visible.

You can have a look at the problem at the below URL:
http://foto.ikgrauwvanjou.be/thumbnails.php?album=24

If anyone can help me out, it would be highly appreciated.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Problem with sort order thumbs in downloaded siteground theme
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 06:45:20 pm »

It is a problem with your theme. Take a look at - http://foto.ikgrauwvanjou.be/index.php?theme=classic

The theme designer should have made code changes to either increase the height of the box so those items can display or adjusted the output of that section of the theme to display correctly. It has obviously not been tested enough.

I don't have time to look into the theme problem. Maybe siteground should take the time to help you.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Robynn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 06:51:41 pm »

Thank you for your feedback. I already thought the designer must have made a mistake, but can you give me some clues on what to look for to try and solve the designer's mistake.
I have already compared the code of the theme I'm using with other themes but the build up seems to be rather different. I really don't have clue which settings to change.

Could you give me any directions?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:09:14 pm »

The reason you are getting the white band is down to the designer using an image as the background for that box that is too small for the area it is meant to cover. A simple fix would be to adjust the css to giv a solid colour instead of an image. It is set in style.css here.

Code: [Select]
.tableh1 {
background:url("images/cat_bottom.gif") repeat scroll 0 0 #9A9A9A;
color:#FEFEFE;
padding:3px 10px;
}

Or you could edit the display of that element in theme.php to your own layout. It all depends on how you want it to look. Take a look at how other themes code this element to get ideas on how you might want it displayed.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Robynn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 07:28:25 pm »

thank you so much for your help
I was able to solve the problem
some more finetuning of the colours and I'm on my way

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.