Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i wanted to know how much images does coppermine 1.4.27 handles maximum  (Read 3492 times)

mbalire

• Coppermine novice

i worried about the problems that can happen when you upload a lot of images in the gallery, so i wanted to know the maximum number of images it can handle when its on line.
can it affect its functionality when you upload more images in terms of users browsing the images.
so i need you help.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

This question has been asked many times before. Many are worried about limits.

Coppermine in itself has no limits but the technology it is built on does. There are galleries out there with hundreds of thousands of images but there is only so much data you can put in a filesystem and more importantly, a database.

For the average user however the limits to the gallery are more down to the quality of your hosting. Good servers can cope with many connections. Good hosting has generous bandwidth limits, memory and upload limits. It is these restrictions that will most likely have an effect og your gallery or any website. It is also important with large galleries to have all your images at not too high a resolution and size or they will hammer bandwidth.

Please, alway post a link to your gallery with each support request as it gives us more to go on rather than give a generic reply.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

mbalire

• Coppermine novice

thanks so much so it depends on the server space .the gallery can handle anything.

mbalire

• Coppermine novice

this is the url. www.bigbrotherafrica.com/gallery
we have a dedicated servers and we probably willing to upload 60,000 photos of this size and the resolution of this kind so can you please check out and see if we need to change on the size or resolution for the images.
i will be so much glad for you comment

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

You've made the Powered By footer invisible so please adjust the colour of that first.

You are also running a little behind on the updates. Your version is 1.4.25 while the current release is 1.4.27

However I would suggest you upgrade to 1.5.x as the clock is ticking for support on the 1.4.x line.

All your images are nive and small already so you probably will not have a problem. We don't know your server setup so cannot say for sure however.There are just too many variables. 60,000 images is not that many.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.