Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extra, unnecessary user gallery pages  (Read 4643 times)

Sebastyne

• Coppermine novice
Extra, unnecessary user gallery pages
« on: July 23, 2010, 10:29:24 pm »

I have a problem with my installation of cpg 1.4.26. I have an extra page in the user gallery list, which says "83 users on 7 page(s)" when in fact it should be 66 users on 6 pages. (Spooky, hey?) I had some users remove their albums, and I believe the system doesn't recount the number of personal albums downwards. I wouldn't care otherwise, but when a user goes to see the last page, she'll get an error message "User galleries do not exist" and the error doesn't go away without reseting the cookies, and it will return again if the user goes to the last empty page.

Can anyone tell me what to do with this problem, please? If I'm not mistaken the admin tools doesn't include a "recount albums" function, does it?

Here's the gallery: http://www.thebdoll.com/gallery/index.php?cat=1

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Extra, unnecessary user gallery pages
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 10:20:47 am »

empty albums won't show but get counted... delete them

click the 'properties' button next to an visible album. Select the albums you need to delete using the dropdown selector to the right. Now click 'parent category' and then 'delete'

Sebastyne

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 05:28:53 pm »

There's no empty albums to delete... It's the page where the user galleries are listed, before you click into their album list.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 08:15:39 pm »

that's what I'm talking about... you can't see this empty albums. Coppermine hides them. But they get counted. Do as I described.

Sebastyne

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 08:59:57 am »

OK, I did that, but there's no option of "parent category" nor "delete". I can find empty albums that way, but I still can't delete them from there. I got a bit ahead by deleting the empty albums I found through Php MyAdmin, but there's hundreds of albums in there, and I should manually check each one if they're empty or not.

Why is it by the way, that the support people here can't resist being rude? I know you get a lot of questions and many of them are idiotic, but no matter how much that pisses you off, you should be able to reign down your attitude... I think. For your information, I like to donate to projects that I like, especially after getting valuable support, but not if I'm being talked to the way I get talked to here all the time, every time I ask something. It's not my fault your system isn't flawless and I didn't offer it for free. If it pisses you off that you don't get paid, make it paid. You'll lose users for sure, but at least you might be able to treat them better if you know you're getting a compensation for talking to idiots like me.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 09:40:49 am »

Eh? How are those responses rude? Stramm was trying to help but we all have very limited time so often reply in very few words or even just a link. Can you not appreciate that?

You responding in that manner just makes it less likely that Stramm will assist you in future. Would you help someone if they responded to you in that way?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Sebastyne

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 10:20:58 am »

Politeness doesn't take that much time, it only requires a few extra words, or choice of different words, or maybe a smiley. I am Finnish by the way, and we are not the most polite people on the planet. If I find that rude, I wonder how rude the average English speaking people find that. I use a lot of scripts that run supports in the same manner, by very busy people, and they manage to respond in a way that doesn't make you feel like s*** every time.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 11:36:00 am »

I can assure you the intention is to never make you feel that way. I still feel Stramm's reply was not impolite and that is said as an Englishman living and working in an environment where have have to constantly obey strict etiquette expected by our peers. It is all garbage and IMO it is nice when we can just get to the point.

Now can we end this disussion and return to your problem? Have you now solved your issue?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.