Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos by different users of the same event  (Read 5929 times)

domme

• Coppermine newbie
Photos by different users of the same event
« on: July 22, 2010, 11:38:52 am »

Hey!

I'm running a coppermine gallery to collect photos of concerts and festivals taken by friends.

How I should organise the photos to have these possibilities?

- I want to browse through all photos all at once sorted by (exif-)date (okay, all photos can be put into one album)
- I want to browse through the photos separated by photographer(/user/uploader) (the photos can be put into different albums in one category)

But:
If all photos are in one album, can I see all photos  in that album by a specific user?
If the photos are split up to different albums, can I browse through all pictures of the category sorted by (exif-)date?

Couldn't find out how to do either of  those :-)

Best regards,
Domme

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Photos by different users of the same event
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:45:31 am »

You can use meta albums like lastup and lastupby.

If you need further assistance, please post a link to your gallery as requested per board rules.

domme

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:54:44 am »

You can use meta albums like lastup and lastupby.
How do I do limit it to the album then?
I found the link in profile which shows every photo of a user.

If you need further assistance, please post a link to your gallery as requested per board rules.
Actually the gallery is private, thus I didn't provide the link. I opened it now.
http://img.rautelinux.org

Thanks!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 12:17:56 pm »

How do I do limit it to the album then?
Just go to the regular album? 8) Maybe we talk about different things.

Let's take an example of your current gallery structure for the festival 'Wacken Open Air 2006':
If you want to see all photos of that festival, use http://img.rautelinux.org/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=3
If you want to see all photos of that festival taken by a particular user, you already put them in the different albums inside that category.

If you want to re-structure your gallery and put all photos of each festival in one album, you just can go to that album to see all pictures and use the lastupby meta album to just see uploaded photos by a particular user.

Sorting by exif date is not possible out of the box. We just store the upload date. This can of course be overwritten with the exif date, if you create some batch routine which does that for you (shouldn't be very hard if you are a bit familiar with PHP and SQL). I personally teached my users to create file names like year-month-day_hour_minute_second_number. Then you can sort by file name and don't need to manipulate the database.

domme

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 12:44:45 pm »

Just go to the regular album? 8) Maybe we talk about different things.

Probably.

Let's take an example of your current gallery structure for the festival 'Wacken Open Air 2006':
If you want to see all photos of that festival, use http://img.rautelinux.org/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=3
If you want to see all photos of that festival taken by a particular user, you already put them in the different albums inside that category.

If you want to re-structure your gallery and put all photos of each festival in one album, you just can go to that album to see all pictures and use the lastupby meta album to just see uploaded photos by a particular user.

I don't care about the structure as long as I can achieve my goal:
To take your example:
I wanna be able so see all photos of Wacken 2006 merged together (sorted by date/filename/...). So photos of Kai and coda e.g. of the same band, could be seen together in a diashow.
And I wanna be able to see all photos that Kai took at Wacken 2006 (without his other photos).

Sorting by exif date is not possible out of the box. We just store the upload date. This can of course be overwritten with the exif date, if you create some batch routine which does that for you (shouldn't be very hard if you are a bit familiar with PHP and SQL). I personally teached my users to create file names like year-month-day_hour_minute_second_number. Then you can sort by file name and don't need to manipulate the database.

Oh okay. That fixes a problem I hadn't seen yet :D

domme

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 12:54:56 pm »

I'm sorry for double post, but I couldn't find an edit button  ;D

That would work for me if I changed the upload date to exif date - I guess.
Rather ugly :-(

No way to query all photos from a user in an album (without his other photos)?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 01:27:03 pm »

I wanna be able so see all photos of Wacken 2006 merged together (sorted by date/filename/...). So photos of Kai and coda e.g. of the same band, could be seen together in a diashow.
Use the lastup meta album with paramater cat: http://img.rautelinux.org/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=3

And I wanna be able to see all photos that Kai took at Wacken 2006 (without his other photos).
Just go to his album: http://img.rautelinux.org/thumbnails.php?album=4

No way to query all photos from a user in an album (without his other photos)?
Use the lastupby meta album with parameter cat: http://img.rautelinux.org/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1&cat=-5

Another option would be to use the album keyword feature. See here.

darkeagle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 02:41:32 pm »

Use the lastupby meta album with parameter cat: http://img.rautelinux.org/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1&cat=-5

Well, when clicked this link, thumbnails are fine but after when I clicked one of photos there is an error.
How to fix this?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 10:42:41 am »

after when I clicked one of photos there is an error.
I just tested the same thing on my up-to-date testbed and it works as expected. Maybe after an update it will also work on that gallery, as it's currently running a quite old version of cpg1.5.x.

If you have the same issue on your own gallery, please start a new thread and post a link to that gallery after enabling the debug mode for everyone.

dienettepflanze

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 11:47:03 am »

Hey,

I had the same problem but I checked with your thread. Thank you very much for the help

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.