Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Information Edit & Watermarks  (Read 7266 times)

Anyone

• Coppermine newbie
File Information Edit & Watermarks
« on: July 18, 2010, 03:05:30 am »

Hello,

Two problems shortly occured at my site. The one and more important one is with the edit function of the pictures, such as title, description and the ability to delete them.
It is clear that users can only edit this information for files they uploaded on their own but I have a problem with that.
I've got a user who is intented to me a common user for everyone knowing the name and the password. This is because there are about 100 persons
who should be able to upload, and only upload pictures. They shall not be able to delete them again as it is not only their files.
I don't want those 100 persons to register a user if not necessary. So can I do this in any way, prevent this user from editing the information or deleting images or at least stop the redirection after the upload (ok, I can do this at least on my own probably)?
If not I will probably let them only see the pictures using this username and then force them to register if willing to upload pictures.

Second problem is the watermarks. I have uploaded my own, the path in the settings is correct but no watermarks show up, no matter if old or newly uploaded picture. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: File Information Edit & Watermarks
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 08:10:17 am »

Board rules / Forum policies: One Question per Thread
Board rules / Forum policies: Post Links

I don't comprehend your first issue. Maybe it's just me or you have to describe it in another way what exactly you want to accomplish.

Please start a separate thread for your second issue while respecting board rules (i.e. attaching a link to your gallery and a screen shot of your water mark settings).

Anyone

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 01:25:09 pm »

Thanks for your answer!

Ok, I think we can now forget the first issue. I have managed that another way.

It's then all about the second one. I don't think a link is necessary for that as it is for now a testing gallery.

Here is a screenshot, unfortunately in German. But I think it doesn't matter because you can compare the lines and what should be
there in English.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 01:34:46 pm »

Please do as suggested and post a link. If your site is accessible to the world then we really do need it.

Also, please always post your screenshots in English on the English board. You only have to add ?lang=english to the end of your URL as explained in the docs to make the switch.

Alternatively, post your questions in the German section of the boards.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Anyone

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 01:38:56 pm »

Ok the Link is http://highsocabity.de.pl, even if the site should at this moment be secret as it is not finished.

The English screenshot is attached.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 01:57:20 pm »

That simple link has helped a lot. I can see that you have used the 1.5.6 initial release. We have implemented a huge number of fixes since the release you have and are planning to package a new release soon. As you can appreciate, we don't want to look again into problems that may have already been fixed and a link has enabled us to do just that. It also enables us to look at a number of other settings which in many cases assist us in resolving users problems.

First thing to try is to download the latest release via SVN and update your site.

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/dev_subversion.htm

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 01:59:50 pm »

Real gallery url is http://ohg.kuechlermail.de/. What happens if you remove the leading slash of your watermark path? As far as I remember we haven't fixed anything directly related to watermarking since the release of cpg1.5.6.

Anyone

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 02:05:15 pm »

Thank you! That did it - the slash.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 04:35:53 pm »

Can you click the mark as solved tick - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270631.html#msg270631

Good luck with your new site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.