Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Question about SMF2Bridge  (Read 6374 times)

Darkness

• Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: Question about SMF2Bridge
« on: July 16, 2010, 07:30:53 pm »

I noticed in 1.5.6 the bridge for SMF2 is different than in 1.4.27. Before, it used to call SSI.php but in 1.5.6, it doesn't anymore.

The problem is I used SSI in Coppermine 1.4.27 for other stuff but now I can't. If I try to include SSI, I'll get this error when I try to view my gallery:

"Unable to connect to UDB database"

So I'd like to know a) why the bridge doesn't go through SSI anymore and b) is there anything I can to to include SSI manually without the error appearing?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 07:34:23 am by Joachim Müller »

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Question about SMF2Bridge
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 09:06:34 pm »

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Question about SMF2Bridge
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 07:34:07 am »

The question "why" simply doesn't apply: ask SMF why they have changed SSI.php so dramaticaly for SMF v2.0 that we could no longer use it to connect to using our bridge. We have no idea and don't care, as we're experts on Coppermine, not SMF.
This being said, the answers to your question are a) because it has been designed that way and b) who knows?
You haven't done as suggested per sticky and you haven't paid attention to board rules when you composed your posting. That's why you only got snide remarks.
Your questions are invalid - marking thread accordingly. I suggest reviewing your attitude and posting less confrontational.

Darkness

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Invalid]: Question about SMF2Bridge
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 10:21:19 am »

I suggest reviewing your attitude and posting less confrontational.

My attitude? What about yours? Everytime I ask a question in these boards, instead of answering my question, you give some sarcastic response. I'm well aware of the rules. People shouldn't have to post links to their galleries. It doesn't apply here. This isn't even a support question, it's a general question as to why the bridge was changed.

I've been observing your posts for a while. You come across as very cold and rude towards people. You don't seem to enjoy running this support forum. Sorry, this is not the way to run a support forum. I also visit SMF and they couldn't be more different.

The question "why" simply doesn't apply: ask SMF why they have changed SSI.php so dramaticaly for SMF v2.0 that we could no longer use it to connect to using our bridge.

Funny, you also did the same thing to the SMF10 bridge so no, this isn't about SMF2. It's about the changes you made in 1.5.

We have no idea and don't care, as we're experts on Coppermine, not SMF.

Bingo. Just backs up what I said. It's your Coppermine bridge, not SMF's.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 10:40:44 am »

I may be our bridge but we have to design it to work in the way SMF have now chosen to go, simple as that. We have no other choice. If you think you can do better then give it a go and contribute it to the community.

As for the rest of your response just don't waste your time argueing. All you are doing it reducing your chances of further support. Some of the supporters such as Joachim have been doing this fo a very long time so have very valid reasons for the rules. If you choose to ignore those rules and become confrontaional you'll be the one to loose in the end.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Darkness

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 10:52:28 am »

I may be our bridge but we have to design it to work in the way SMF have now chosen to go, simple as that. We have no other choice.

Yeah, I understand that. I just want to know why you changed it. I want to know exactly why you couldn't go through SSI anymore in 1.5.

If you think you can do better then give it a go and contribute it to the community.

That's what I'm trying to do but you guys are giving me no help at all.

All you are doing it reducing your chances of further support.

What support? Every time I ask a question here, he gives the same stupid response.

Some of the supporters such as Joachim have been doing this fo a very long time so have very valid reasons for the rules.

I think it's wrong. There's no justification for him behaving like he does to other people on this board. I don't know whether it's arrogance or just plain rudeness.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
[Closed]: Re: [Invalid]: Question about SMF2Bridge
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 10:58:04 am »

Both Joachim and I have told you that SMF have changed the way their software works. That is why the new bridge works as it does. We have no control over how SMF write their software. We are just providing a simple method to bridge with it. What more do you want for us? If you want to know why SMF have made the changes then ask there not here as we don no know.

I have asked you not to argue yet you have continued to do so. Please stop now or I will press the big red ban button.

Closing and locking.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.