Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: "Fatal Error" upgrade 1.4.27 to 1.5.6 - how I fixed it.  (Read 3908 times)

TCWORLD

• Coppermine novice

I am upgrading from 1.4.22 to 1.5.6. As per the upgrade documentations, I save all the 1.4.22 by downloading them to my HDD using FileZilla. I then copied the new files except for the /album/ folder (which i kept on my server from 1.4.22), and the anycontent.php.

I have tried then running the update.php script, but nothing happens. I get the following:

"""
Template error
Failed to find block 'exif_manager' (#<!-- BEGIN exif_manager -->(.*?)<!-- END exif_manager -->#s) in :

<div align="center">
                <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
                        <tr>

<td class="admin_menu"><a href="admin.php" title="{ADMIN_TITLE}">{ADMIN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="catmgr.php" title="{CATEGORIES_TITLE}">{CATEGORIES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="albmgr.php{CATL}" title="{ALBUMS_TITLE}">{ALBUMS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="groupmgr.php" title="{GROUPS_TITLE}">{GROUPS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="usermgr.php" title="{USERS_TITLE}">{USERS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="banning.php" title="{BAN_TITLE}">{BAN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="reviewcom.php" title="{COMMENTS_TITLE}">{COMMENTS_LNK}</a></td>
                                </tr><tr>
<!-- BEGIN log_ecards -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="db_ecard.php" title="{DB_ECARD_TITLE}">{DB_ECARD_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END log_ecards -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="picmgr.php" title="{PICTURES_TITLE}">{PICTURES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="searchnew.php" title="{SEARCHNEW_TITLE}">{SEARCHNEW_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="util.php" title="{UTIL_TITLE}">{UTIL_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="{MY_PROF_TITLE}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- BEGIN documentation -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="{DOCUMENTATION_HREF}" title="{DOCUMENTATION_TITLE}" target="cpg_documentation">{DOCUMENTATION_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END documentation -->
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </div>
"""

If anyone else gets this, there is a simple solution. If is 1.4.xx you had a custom theme, go into the themes folder, backup the custom theme, then copy the files of the 1.4.xx classic theme into that folder. The script should then run - though all the fomatting is messed up - don't worry theough, once the script has completed, select one of the new themes. I am not sure if you can use your old theme with 1.5. Can you??

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Fatal Error" upgrade 1.4.27 to 1.5.6 - how I fixed it.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 06:52:56 pm »

If anyone else gets this, there is a simple solution.
That's a generic erro that can be caused by several things, that's why you suggestion doesn't necessarilly have to apply for others.

If is 1.4.xx you had a custom theme, go into the themes folder, backup the custom theme, then copy the files of the 1.4.xx classic theme into that folder. The script should then run - though all the fomatting is messed up - don't worry theough, once the script has completed, select one of the new themes.
Nonsense. Do as suggested in the docs we provide. We provide them for a reason. In your particular case, read the upgrade section of the docs carefully, particularly http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm#upgrade_14_custom_theme

I am not sure if you can use your old theme with 1.5. Can you??
RTFM - especially the section I refered to above. It explains how to upgrade your custom theme.

You shouldn't have hijacked an unrelated thread that dealt with something completely else - I have split your posting from it into a thread of it's own. You should have read board rules and do as suggested there instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.