Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Unable to properly login  (Read 2379 times)

junga12

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Unable to properly login
« on: June 04, 2004, 07:34:31 am »

Hello all.  I know I may catch some flak for this, but I haven't found my answer yet.  I have installed CPG 1.2.1 on my linux box, running Apache 2.044, MySQL 4.0.20, and PHP 4.3.6.  I used to have version 1.2.0 RC 2 of CPG.  This problem started on that earlier version.  I upgraded my PHP, then was no longer able to log on.  I click on the "login" link, then enter my administrator ID, and get the welcome page.  Then I click "Continue", and instead of being brought to the admin page, I get sent back to the main index page and I'm not logged on after all.

I have looked around a good portion of this site, and I find that either people are having this problem when bridged to a forum site, or bulletin board portal, but I'm not bridging to any other site.  I'm using CPG by itself.  I tried installing a new version of CPG in another directory, and even then I can't log in with rights.  It seems to me, there's some configuration issue with one or the other or PHP, MySQL, and/or Apache.  Is there anyone who has had this problem and was able to fix it.  If this is the wrong forum, my apologies, but please point me in the right direction, then.

Thank you for your time.

/Julian
« Last Edit: June 05, 2004, 03:30:31 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Unable to properly login
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 07:49:05 am »

might be a cookie issue as well. Delete the cookie on your machine, make sure your server and pc clock match, temporarily disable personal firewall. If all this doesn't help, post a link, but I'm afarid that there will probably be little we can do if your server itself is improperly configured.

GauGau

junga12

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Unable to properly login
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 07:36:50 pm »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...my clock was off by two days...that fixed it.  Thank you.

Life is beautiful again.

/Julian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.