Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search the Coppermine Forum From FireFox  (Read 21792 times)

onthepike

Search the Coppermine Forum From FireFox
« on: July 12, 2010, 04:51:08 am »

I don't know if anyone else will find this useful or not, but I thought I'd share it nonetheless.

It's an add-on for FireFox that allows you to search the Coppermine forums from the search box of your browser. This was my first attempt at such a thing, so if it's awful, you'll understand why :-)

Most of the 16k file is the base64 icon. The rest is just a search form redirect.

If you'd care to try it out, unzip the file to your desktop (so you may easily inspect), then move the file to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins (or wherever your Firefox searchplugins directory is located). Then restart Firefox. It should appear as shown below:

Jeff

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Search the Coppermine Forum From FireFox
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 07:52:49 am »

In which aspect does it differ from the plugin OpenSearch?

onthepike

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 08:27:57 am »

OpenSearch (opensearch): v1.4
Author:    Created by Nibbler, converted for cpg1.5.x by Joachim Müller
Description:    An implementation of OpenSearch for Coppermine.
When enabled, visitors can add your gallery to their browser's search bar.

I don't think they do the same thing. Your plugin is much more complex and is designed to allow site visitors to add a gallery to their browser. The thing I threw together searches this forum, not any gallery.

Unless I'm missing something?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:33:23 am »

Ah, OK, I should have been looking more carefully. Thanlks for the clarification.
For those who find advanced searching options usefull: the search form that can be accessed using the search button at the very top row of this page can be accessed as well "standalone": there are several custom search engines that I created to enable users to search the documentation in their language:

You're of course welcome to make use of that as well in your custom Firefox search.

nicamarie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 12:03:11 pm »

I want to suggest also on how to search Coppermine Forum topics in google search engine. This is the keyword inurl:forum.coppermine.
I will try to use coppermine hosting for my website halloween contacts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.