Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Google Adsense for CPG 1.5  (Read 7194 times)

gprimr1

• Coppermine newbie
Google Adsense for CPG 1.5
« on: July 11, 2010, 07:41:50 am »

I seem to be unable to find a way to display ads from Google Adsense in Copermine 1.5. In 1.4 I used a plugin called CopperAd, but it does not seem to work with 1.5. I have been searching for an updated plugin, or a different plugin, or a way to integrate it into the templates. My keyword searches of this forum haven't found much.

Any advice?

With Thanks
Greg

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Google Adsense for CPG 1.5
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:31:34 am »

In 1.4 I used a plugin called CopperAd, but it does not seem to work with 1.5.

That plugin has not been ported from cpg1.4.x to cpg1.5.x, so if you need it badly, go ahead and port it or hire someone to port it for you.
But quite frankly I was never fond of it. Adding Google's adsense or similar "output enhancement" is something that should imo be done using a custom theme and not by applying a "one size fits all" plugin.

I seem to be unable to find a way to display ads from Google Adsense in Copermine 1.5.
Then you haven't been looking very hard (or should I say "hardly"? Since you haven't paid the needed respect/attention to board rules and you haven't said where you want your ads to appear, your question is generic. Subsequently, you can only expect a generic reply: read up http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_examples.htm#theme_examples_content for a start. Searching the documentation for the term "google adsense" would have resulted in exactly that page.

I have been searching for [...] a way to integrate it into the templates
That's dead easy. Since the method doesn't differ from adsense to any other custom content, the word "google adsense" isn't mentioned all over the documentation. After all, we're not affiliated with Google in any way, nor are we there to promote their money-making services. You just add your content to your custom theme's template.html if the adsense block is meant to show on each and every page generated by Coppermine.

Joachim

P.S. "official" version abbreviations are cpg1.4.x and cpg1.5.x
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.