Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Error when creating an album  (Read 11301 times)

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Error when creating an album
« on: July 08, 2010, 02:02:54 pm »

Hello good people.

I have a problem, when i try to create an album in a category, i'll get an error message (A valid form token could not be found) Does anybody know if there's a solution for this problem?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:23:45 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Error when creating an album
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 03:08:31 pm »

Hello Joachim

I've read the documentation.

This option will set the lifetime of the form tokens in seconds. Don't set this value too low as it could interupt with large uploads (default is 5min). Also keep in mind that it could take some time entering a lot of data (title, description, keywords) after you uploaded several files. If you exceed the lifetime of the token, you won't be able to submit the form and all entered data is lost. That applies to all forms (and some links) in Coppermine!

But still i don't understand, that's why i asked. Do i need to increase the value (standard value = 900) or do i need to reinstall coppermine ? (I hope not i've uploaden over 5000 images already) Is there a maximum of albums/pictures/categories?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:29:08 pm »

Then can you tell me what i should do  ???, it's starts to drive me insane.

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 03:32:28 pm »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 04:18:54 pm »

Just increase the token life time.

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 04:49:53 pm »

Ok thanks.

Now by default it's value is 900 seconds, now i increased the value to 99999. And still i get the same error.

Sorry for being such a pain in the ***.  ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 05:26:30 pm »

Sorry for being such a pain in the ***.  ;D
->
sorry forgot the link
Indeed, you ignored the advice to post the link to your gallery three times although vaing been told explicitely. Talk about a bad start and readiness of supporters to look into your individual issues free of charge after getting ignored three times... ::)

Anyway: did you perform an upgrade or a fresh install?

For troubleshooting purposes:
  • Enable debug mode for everyone.
  • Post a non-admin test user account with permission to have personal albums that enables us to replicate your issue
  • Post details on your server: operating system and webserver application and version. PHP version. Attach a screenshot of your config that shows the general settings section expanded

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 06:21:29 pm »

I did a fresh install cpg15x.

The installation went fine, the creation of categories and albums went fine. But today when i wanted to create more albums i got these (A valid form token could not be found) error all of a sudden. Now i increased the value from 900 to 99999 and still i get that error.

onthepike

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 06:27:07 pm »

Stop ignoring people who are trying to help you! Do the following:

• Enable debug mode for everyone.
  • Post a non-admin test user account with permission to have personal albums that enables us to replicate your issue
  • Post details on your server: operating system and webserver application and version. PHP version. Attach a screenshot of your config that shows the general settings section expanded

Also, try changing the value to a reasonable number; 3600 should suffice for even the slowest of administrators. Then log out and re-authenticate yourself by logging in again.

Do not post back here until you have done everything asked of you and provided all requested information.

Thanks.

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 06:54:13 pm »

I didn't ignore him on purpose (i have a reading problem) :(

Debug mode is enabled.
Test account : username = "test_user" - password = "password"
Server Information : Linux server95.hosting2go.nl 2.6.27.29 #5 SMP Mon Sep 21 10:20:38 CEST 2009 i686 / php version 4.4.7 / Server API : CGI.

See settings attachment (on the screenshot it's 999999 but i changed that to 3600)

I have logged out and back in again.

I hope this is what you're where asking for. If not, then again sorry for the trouble.

[Edit: Removed image hotlink and added as attachment - OTP]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:14:42 pm by onthepike »

onthepike

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 07:18:37 pm »

I could not reproduce your error:

http://www.tiffanithiessen.nl/gallerij/thumbnails.php?album=314

By the way, I cannot understand your posted screen shot because I speak and understand only English.

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 07:51:09 pm »

tijd dat upload actief blijft = time uploads stay active (999999 in screenshot, 3600 in reality)

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 07:54:08 pm »

The question mark behind : tijd dat upload actief blijft = time uploads stay active (999999 in screenshot, 3600 in reality)

Says.

Change the lifetime of the form tokens
This option will set the lifetime of the form tokens in seconds. Don't set this value too low as it could interupt with large uploads (default is 5min). Also keep in mind that it could take some time entering a lot of data (title, description, keywords) after you uploaded several files. If you exceed the lifetime of the token, you won't be able to submit the form and all entered data is lost. That applies to all forms (and some links) in Coppermine!

Form tokens were introduced into cpg1.5.x to fight the Cross-Site Request Forgery potential that existed in previous versions and that lead to the removal of the bbcode tags [img] and [url] back in cpg1.4.21
Think of the form token as an additional check of a link or a form that is performed to make sure that the link's origin hasn't been tampered with.

Configuration → General settings → Change the lifetime of the form tokens

onthepike

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 09:08:49 pm »

There isn't any need to provide a translation. That wasn't my point and I apologize if it wasn't clear: If you are going to post a message to the English-speaking portions of the forum in English, it stands to reason that you would first change your default language to English before taking a screen shot of your admin section(s) for posting (especially to English-speaking supporters).

These aside, and as I have stated, I cannot replicate your pending issue. I did not receive any error in creating an album. I provided a link that clearly shows you that fact. And with my limited knowledge, as opposed to the Dev Team and other Supporters, if I cannot duplicate an issue, I cannot attempt to resolve it.

There are any number of other things you could try, however, but it's quite difficult to isolate a problem and identify a cause if it cannot be reproduced. So begin with the basics: use an alternate browser (try FF, IE, Opera, etc), create a second admin account for yourself and try again, eliminate the "www." in your gallery and login there, check your gallery cookie settings, etc.

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 09:14:22 pm »

Yeah i tried to change the language of the gallery to english, but that isn't working either.

I've made my decision i go back to v1.4 (Far away from those f***ing token s**t) Sorry for my language, but i've had it with 1.5.

Marcare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 09:15:59 pm »

To the people trying to help me, thanks.

onthepike

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 10:20:01 pm »

You posted your reply 5 minutes after I offered additional steps and suggestions. You chose to once again ignore them and instead, and out of frustration, give up on resolving your issue and revert back to version 1.4.27. You did not attempt the additional steps offered (not within 3 minutes, anyway), and as a result, Supporters will be very reluctant to assist you in the future. Keep in mind that the 1.4.x series will someday soon go unsupported.

At any rate:

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.27 (stable)-->

This topic is no longer valid and is closed.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Closed]: Error when creating an album
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 07:30:00 am »

Yeah i tried to change the language of the gallery to english, but that isn't working either.
Nonsense, just accessing it with the additional lang parameter as suggested in http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/languages.htm works as expected: http://www.tiffanithiessen.nl/gallerij/?lang=english

I've made my decision i go back to v1.4 (Far away from those f***ing token s**t) Sorry for my language, but i've had it with 1.5.
Giving up at this stage and running away? I fully second onthepike's suggestions: after repeatedly ignoring supporter's advice, yet still getting supported it's a bruise into the face of supporters that you're giving up at this stage. Your reaction is childish and silly, as support for cpg1.4.x is running out at the end of 2010, i.e. in five months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.