Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with theme port from wordpress  (Read 3236 times)

ThunderRed

• Coppermine newbie
Help with theme port from wordpress
« on: July 05, 2010, 12:12:24 am »

I'm trying to port the wordpress theme SoulVision to coppermine, to match the blog. I get something, but it doesn't look rigth at all. I'm having problems with the menu. Can't make it look right.

Could anyone check this out, and check if you can make it look right?

http://focofijo2.webcindario.com/
http://focofijo2.webcindario.com/Galeria/index.php

test user:red
test pass:nono

Thank you so much for your time.

P.S.: I hope this time I post everything correct. Let me know if that is not the case.

ThunderRed

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Help with theme port from wordpress
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:05:14 am »

Sorry for the double post. I have been checking and changing things, and it looks a little better. I give up the drops menus, and I'm going to leave just the simple ones, with the link in the sidebar.

The biggest problem I can see now, is that in the top bar menu is showing a couple of tabs, but it should be in fact only a big one with all the links.

I attached the lasted files, and a picture of how is looking right now, so you can see what I meant.

Could anyone check if is possible to fix that mistake and check also, if is easy to make the content column get bigger or smaller depending of how many albums columns we have.

Thanks!!!

ThunderRed

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 05:19:53 pm »

Sorry again for keep posting.

I get to fix the top menu, now is looking good.

The biggest problem now is the content column. It's too narrow, and I would like to make it bigger. I didn't have the time to check it yet. Most of the time the text and the pictures fit in the column (if you only use 3 columns of pictures), but other times (like when you edit the info of a picture), the text-boxes go out of the column. (problem1.jpg)

Other problem is that the text under the thumb of the gallery in the home page doesn't look right. All the text is stick together instead of different lines. (problem2.jpg)

Could anyone check this out and help me?

Thank you!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:12:24 pm »

The class postwrap sets the left column to a fixed width of 505 pixels. If your content is wider, your layout will break. You have picked a fixed-width theme, which is harder to port and usually can only be accomplished by sacrifycing certain options.
Take a look at http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_style_css.htm#theme_style_css_tools_webdev to find out how I was able to figure that out in less than 15 seconds.
Take a look as well at the tutorial Converting a WordPress theme to Coppermine by theme-guru Gizmo (aka Billy).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.