Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where should I past Google Analytics code to capture information for EACH photo?  (Read 4485 times)

kuul

• Coppermine novice

On December 19, 2009, the question of ‘where should I place my Google analytical code’ was asked under ‘themes/skins/templates and the response came on December 20 from GAUGAU on where to place it (also located in plugins june 2009), however, I want a code on each of jewelry shots to determine who is looking and if it came from a direct search or a search engine.  Google has provided the code but I am not sure where to put it for EACH photo.  I have another website under etsy.com  (like ebay) where it provides for each photo but etsy loaded that information. I had to work on each page opened. How would I do each photo?  Kuulkreations.com/gallery

Kuul

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Upgrade, actual link is http://kuulkreations.com/gallery/

As suggested, paste the Google analytics code into themes/your_theme/template.html at the very end before the closing </body>-tag. Alternatively, use the Google Analytics plugin for cpg1.4.x

kuul

• Coppermine novice

Thanks, but also, I have over 50 photos, will it give me stats on each photo as oppose to hits on each page.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

We can't teach you how to use Google analytics nor can we explain the scope nor the features of Google analytics. Read up Google's documentation on their tool: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/ ff
If you do as suggested (adding the Google analytics code to each and every page generated by Coppermine by just adding the code snippet to the file themes/your_theme/template.html), you'll be able to track as many images as you want as far as the features of Google analytics apply.

kuul

• Coppermine novice

Hi again
See attached

I think I found where it goes but i can't insert it.  Could you please help.  Also, I askede google for help, they told me to contact the host and justhost told me to contact google.

[Edit: Removed 57 lines of white space. There is no need for a 2-line response to take an entire page (with scrolling). Jeff]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 04:02:30 am by onthepike »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

You have all the instructions that exist: use a plain text editor (notepad.exe is fine) to edit files instead of using a text processor. The screenshot you attached show that you did a "show source" when browsing the config panel of your gallery: that's utter nonsense and not what you are supposed to do. Download the file that corresponds to http://kuulkreations.com/gallery/themes/rainy_day/template.html using your FTP app to your client, then edit that file with a plain text editor, inserting your google analytics code into a new line of it's own before </body>. After you did, save your changes and re-upload the edited file (again: using your FTP app) to your server, overwriting the existing copy on your server.
You seem to lack absolutely basic skills. We can't teach you the basics here, you should really consider not to run a website of your own if you're not ready to learn the core skills first (before running such a site). You almost certainly won't be able to interpret the stats generated by Google analytics, so don't be too disappointed. Google analytics won't brew coffee for you, nor will it tie your laces. It will just display visitor stats. You need to have some experience in web design (which you appear to lack) to make use of that tool. The fact that you asked Google for support on their free tool shows that as well (I had a good laugh though).
I'm sorry, but you're not the target audience of Google analytics, nor are you among our target audience, as we require users to have basic web skills as far as editing basic HTML is concerned.
You will probably reply that I was a rude fellow and that you want to complain and that this is in no way what you expect from customer support, but then think again: you're not our customer, as you're not paying anything, nor are you paying anything to Google. If you need to be spoon-fed in web design and you don't have the skills to accomplish the basics, then make your homework first, i.e. do the needed reading and experimenting first, because that's what we all had to do first when we learned the trade. I'm not rude in telling you the obvious. It's you who is rude, because you want results fast without playing by the rules, i.e. learning the ropes first. If you want fast results and you're not ready to learn first, then hire someone to do the job for you: there are millions of fourteen-year-old boys next door who are eager to earn some pennies and do that job for you.
Please accept this statement as it is. I'm not posting this to hurt you, I'm just stating the obvious.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.