Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PAYPAL donate button with IPN  (Read 8428 times)

burnhard_1979

• Coppermine newbie
PAYPAL donate button with IPN
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:16:36 am »

hello folks outta there,

I am not sure if I am in the right category but I have some simple questions, somebody might be able to answer :-)

I am planning on a gallery with a public and a registered part. For the registered part I would like to implement a donate button from paypal. This button should work this way: a registered user clicks the donate button and donates some money for the work. After a successful (!!!) donation the user will be automatically be upgraded to a "donategroup" (or similar).

Now my problem is - how can I start this project? I have a simple paypal account, I also have made a donate button but how do I start with this interactivity? I have read about IPN but I don't know exactly how to work with this and it is hard to get some useful information over the net especially on the topic username as parameter and just a donation instead of a shopping cart...

Can somebody please help me a little bit?

THank you very much in advance, best regards, burnhard_1979

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: PAYPAL donate button with IPN
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 01:02:28 pm »

You will need good PHP skills to accomplish that. I'm not familiar with a paypal interface (if there is one at all), so I can't really say what needs to be done. Google for an API description for paypal. The PHP-script itself that is triggered by a successful payment is pretty easy to implement if you know your way around in PHP: just perform a query similar to the one in usermgr.php when the Coppermine user interface is used to assign another primary group for a particular user. Your request is beyond scope of free support though as far as coding details are concerned; you can't expect free support to perform custom coding for you for free. You would have made supporters much more willing to look into your issues if you would have done your homework first: respecting board rules is mandatory if you want answers, and your posting clearly falls into the category "ignoring board rules and posting right away". Read up board rules, as you agreed to respect them when signing up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.