Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: News  (Read 6178 times)

Bodddich

• Coppermine newbie
    • UKOPICS - Die Bildergalerie im Internet
News
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:24:06 pm »

Hello!

My english is not very good, but i try also. ;-)

I want to publish news on my galerie. This news should be shown on the startpage on the top of the galerie.
So that everybode who visist my page can see, what i write. Users and guest.

Is there a option or is there a plugin for this!?

Thank you for your answers.
Alex

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

wuurp

• Coppermine novice
Re: News
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 02:36:26 am »

The MiniCMS plugin might be what you are looking for if you mean just like the latest news.

Sadly, it doesn't work for 1.5 yet.

onthepike

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 02:52:57 am »

The MiniCMS plugin might be what you are looking for if you mean just like the latest news.

No. Jeff Bailey provided the correct solution. The OP is looking for a way to display information on the gallery index page (not the site index page), which is exactly what anycontent does.

Sadly, it doesn't work for 1.5 yet.

Then it shouldn't have been mentioned and renders your solution/suggestion as invalid.

The alternative to anycontent.php would be to utilize the custom header function, which is a little more involved but will accomplish a similar feat.

wuurp

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 04:19:33 pm »

No. Jeff Bailey provided the correct solution. The OP is looking for a way to display information on the gallery index page (not the site index page), which is exactly what anycontent does.

If OP wants dynamic content, pulling in information from elsewhere, then I agree anycontent is the way to go. If he just wants to have the ability to put static news updates at the top of the page, MiniCMS can put it anywhere anycontent can, and would be simpler since no external editing or uploading files etc is necessary. I've done that for years.

As for being an invalid suggestion, I disagree. OP may be willing to wait for MiniCMS to be fixed instead of investing time on other options if it does exactly what he wants.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.