Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPB 3.1.1 bridge  (Read 7436 times)

anewday

• Coppermine newbie
IPB 3.1.1 bridge
« on: June 28, 2010, 09:25:44 am »

Hello, are there any plans to include a bridge for Invision Powerboard 3.1.1? I'm upgrading from version 2.3 to 3.1.1 soon.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

WYoLars

• Coppermine newbie
Re: IPB 3.1.1 bridge
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:24:17 pm »

Has anyone been able to create a bridge file. I've tried but my lack of code knowledge fails me.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:18 am »

Creating a custom bridge file
In theory, coppermine could be bridged with all forms of third party applications that have a user management/authentication. There are thousands of applications available that could be potential candidates. Just because of the sheer number of possible bridges, but as well because of other restrictions (non-free software, lack of time, lack of need), the coppermine devs can not come up with a huge number of bridge files. That's why there is only a comparatively small number of bridge files available. If you are looking for a bridge file for another application that is not being covered by the bridge files that come with coppermine out-of-the-box, you're welcome to search the coppermine support board if there already is an existing user-contributed bridge, or (even better) you're encouraged to come up with a bridge file of your own and publish it on the board. We (the coppermine dev team) have to rely on user contributions for most potential bridge candidates.

Sadly, there is no particular piece of documentation available (yet) that explains how to create a custom bridge file, so the best method to create your custom bridge file is to look at existing bridge files and modify one to fit your needs.
Locking.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 09:42:39 am »

Maybe searching the boards would help too - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,66144.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.