Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Error The selected album/file does not exist!" for all pos=0  (Read 12826 times)

Iced Coffee

• Coppermine frequent poster

I upgraded to 1.5.6 from 1.4.** and I found a strange warning at displayimage.php

The problem is when I open an album, or last uploads, last comments, most viewed, top rated etc, when I click on the first thumbnail in the film trip (pos=0), like this one http://giadinhhanhphuc.net/anhgiadinh/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=4&pos=0 or http://giadinhhanhphuc.net/anhgiadinh/displayimage.php?album=toprated&cat=4&pos=0

I always receive a warning saying:
Error
The selected album/file does not exist!

All others display fine. My gallery is at http://giadinhhanhphuc.net/anhgiadinh

Could any one help explaining what happened? Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Error The selected album/file does not exist!" for all pos=0
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:55:20 am »

There are several threads in the bugs board that deal with that error message. Try a SVN checkout and updated with that to see if your error message goes away. If you can't do that, wait for the next release.

Nekomancer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 08:59:45 pm »

I am also having the same problem at my gallery (1.5.6) here: http://www.themmnetwork.com/gallery/index.php

For example, here is the latest uploads in the Weekly Gift Art gallery: http://www.themmnetwork.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-66&pid=3395#top_display_media This link works fine, because it refers to the specific PID integer. But in the slideshow bar, which uses POS, you can click the same image (where POS=0) and get the error. Any other number is fine if it exists, but POS=0 always creates an error. I have updated to the latest revisions of both displayimage.php (7712) and functions.inc.php (7756) and the error still persists. I am unsure what other files would potentially need to be updated to counter this (or if such an update exists to fix this).

It is a convenience for us that POS=0 works, because we exhibit fan artwork weekly on our main page, and being able to use POS=0 means we don't have to continually update the link.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:09:07 pm »

Please don't hijack threads. Thank you for posting your link.

Please take Joachim's advice for now.
There are several threads in the bugs board that deal with that error message. Try a SVN checkout and updated with that to see if your error message goes away. If you can't do that, wait for the next release.

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

thachac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:19:11 pm »

I also noticed the error and i have found the solution for the error:

open displayimage.php and go to line 465: if (!$pos && !$pid)

Set the line to the following statement: if (!$pos && $pos !=0 && !$pid)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 09:04:19 am »

open displayimage.php and go to line 465: if (!$pos && !$pid)

Set the line to the following statement: if (!$pos && $pos !=0 && !$pid)
I doubt that this is the real solution. Please post a link to your gallery if you want to help, as that error doesn't occur in my gallery.

schwammheckie

• Coppermine newbie
    • 1. FC Schmelz Jugend
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 12:38:03 pm »

Hi,

it is not a Problem of the displayimage.php. It is a Problem in the theme.php of the prorandom-theme (in the function theme_display_film_strip).

My Gallery: www.fcschmelz-jugend.de/bildergalerie

I attached a my theme.php as theme.txt with a changed function theme_display_film_strip, in which this Error is fixed. Replace your theme_display_film_strip with the changed one.

In my theme.php, other errors of the prorandom-theme are also fixed ( like "A valid form token could not be found.", at example, when you want to write a comment of a image).

Hope this will help you and sorry for my bad English.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 01:55:15 pm »

It is a Problem in the theme.php
That's exactly what I thought. Moving to themes board. I suggest to apply your changes to the prorandom theme after a short review.

Iced Coffee

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 07:01:14 pm »

Hi,

it is not a Problem of the displayimage.php. It is a Problem in the theme.php of the prorandom-theme (in the function theme_display_film_strip).

My Gallery: www.fcschmelz-jugend.de/bildergalerie

I attached a my theme.php as theme.txt with a changed function theme_display_film_strip, in which this Error is fixed. Replace your theme_display_film_strip with the changed one.

In my theme.php, other errors of the prorandom-theme are also fixed ( like "A valid form token could not be found.", at example, when you want to write a comment of a image).

Hope this will help you and sorry for my bad English.

Thanks pal. It solved my problem :)

zwack

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 07:12:49 pm »

Hello,
Completely new here (pretty non-technical programming wise) and have had Coppermine installed on my daughters website for a few years for her painting gallery. 
We noticed the other day that all of a sudden to view the landing page users were being requested to log in?
I went and logged in as her admin (scary but true) and noticed I get this error that this forum thread topic states: "Error The selected album/file does not exist!"

I tried looking around on the forums here for the solution and thought it was moved to a themes thread but cant seem to find the solution?

I am pretty sure I updated her database and have the latest coppermine stable release. 

The only other thing I did was go in to config and tried to monkey with the starting page (index.html, index.php, complete url, etc) before chaning it back to what is the default (index.php) and still no dice.

Her website is www.kirazawacki.com and as I said has worked fine for a number of years.
Can someone tell me either where on this board I can look for the possible solutions or help direct me into what setting changes I need to make.

Greatly appreciate your time.

Best regards.

Paul

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 02:31:57 pm »

Her website is www.kirazawacki.com

The gallery is located at http://www.kirazawacki.com/coppermine/ and works as expected.

To fix your main site issue you should adjust that link
Code: [Select]
http://www.kirazawacki.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=0to something valid like
Code: [Select]
http://www.kirazawacki.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=lastupor even better: remove the whole frame stuff.

Additionally you should use only themes that were designed for cpg1.5.x to avoid further trouble (you're currently using a cpg1.4.x theme).

zwack

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 04:45:21 pm »

Andre,
Thank you for your reply. 
I'd be happy to use "http://www.kirazawacki.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=lastup" instead of the other but I have no idea where to put that link as I do not recall manually setting the other one in the first place.  Can you tell me where in the settings it needs to go so I can point things properly?
The version is old because the site is aging.  While the coppermine software gets updated as the new versions come out, I haven't done anything to the site for her in quite some time.  That was just the theme she chose when this all started.  So you are suggesting I should change the theme to one that is fully supported by the Coppermine app...which makes sense but I guess I will have to poke around and find a new one that she will like lol.
Thank you again.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 05:00:46 pm »

I have no idea where to put that link as I do not recall manually setting the other one in the first place.  Can you tell me where in the settings it needs to go so I can point things properly?
On your "main" page you're using a frame construction to display the Coppermine gallery. Coppermine isn't aware of that and you cannot change the link from Coppermine. You usually maintain the files on your server with an FTP client application.

Afaik the old cpg1.4.x theme is also available as cpg1.5.x version.

zwack

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 05:38:58 pm »

Andre,
Wow, I completely forgot about that whole iframes code mess.  It took me a few minutes to try to acclimate myself to what was done and I changed it to the link you suggested.  Thank you so much....it works again now so she will quit bugging me ;).
I will look up the updated version of her theme as soon as I remember where that is and how to access it lol :)
Thanks again.  You are the best!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.