Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgraded to 1.5.16 and now 'upload file' and 'My Gallery' always appear  (Read 5494 times)

scohen125

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Retina Gallery

I have upgraded from 1.5.8 to 1.5.16 and now the menu buttons for 'upload file' and 'My Gallery' appear for visitors to the site.  I've changed the permissions in the group manager to prevent this from happening, but it is still happening.

I have created a test user with username test and password test
I have attached a screenshot of the groups manager.
I've zipped my theme.php file and attached it.

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
Re: Upgraded to 1.5.16 and now 'upload file' and 'My Gallery' always appear
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:09:18 am »

My gallery is:

www.RetinaGallery.com

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 01:32:22 pm »

I set the permissions for my guest group according to your screen-shot and used your theme.php file, but it doesn't happen in my testbed. Please disable the plugin engine, maybe a plugin causes that behavior.

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 12:45:19 am »

I disabled the plugins and my site still shows the links.  Maybe there is a problem with my template?  I have attached that file here.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 12:52:30 am »

It is not your theme - it acts the same with: http://retinagallery.com/index.php?theme=eyeball

Make absolutely certain all of your cpg files were uploaded / replaced when you upgraded.

Run update.php again.

If none of the above work, then turn on Debug in Config. Something might show. (please don't post the output here)

To switch back to your default theme use: http://retinagallery.com/index.php?theme=xxx

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 03:08:05 pm »

I re-ran the update script and then did a version check and I got some files that are out of date.  Is there a way I place I can go to get just those files.

I purposely put my old index.php file back on the site because I had changed the way the albums are ordered.  I tried putting the new one up and it didn't make any difference.

I have attached a screenshot of the output of version check and also my index.php file.

Thank you for the help.

Also, I upgraded using Godaddy which does it for me.  I didn't do it manually.  I could try that, but I'm worried about messing up the site. 

Thank you for the help.  I hugely appreciate it.  I am planning publicizing the site soon to doctors around the country and want to make sure it is upgraded and without bugs first.

Steven Cohen

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 03:38:52 pm »

I went back to GoDaddy just now.  I was suprised that even though I put through the upgrade, the website still says that I need to upgrade my coppermine script.  Not sure why.  I'm redoing the upgrade through GoDaddy.  I'll post back when I am done.  Thank you.

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »

I just downloaded myself and unpacked the newest version of coppermine and then uploaded it to my server.  I ran update.php.  Now all of my files are up to date and then website still shows the buttons for 'upload file' and 'my gallery' to site visitors.

The only last thing I can think of is that there was an album that allowed file uploads by visitors in its description that was there when I updated my site.  I subsequently removed that album.  Still in the groups manager, the permissions are clearly set so that users who are not logged in cannot upload files.  Is it possible the permissions on the one album messed up the coppermine upgrade?  If so, I can upgrade again.  I would think the album manager would control the permissions.

Thank you again for your help.

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 07:55:53 pm »

Just in case it might work to fix the menu problem on the home page (it didn't):

I deleted the album that had permission for visitors to upload,
I reuploaded a fresh version of Coppermine 1.5.16,
I ran the update.php,
I checked for version problems and there were errors or problems,
I went back into group manager and made sure that anonymous users were not allowed a gallery or to upload files in group manager.
I've also disabled all plugins.

www.RetinaGallery.com still shows the upload file link and my gallery link on the homepage for non-logged in users.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

If none of the above work, then turn on Debug in Config. Something might show. (please don't post the output here)
Leave it on so someone can take a look.

Have you ever bridged the gallery?

Upgrade only as instructed in the docs. Automatic installers / upgraders can be prone to problems that are not supported here.

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 11:35:04 pm »

I've never bridged the gallery.
I did my last upgrade (twice) via the documentation and not the automatic installer.

I'll put the site into debug mode now.  Please look it over.  I did it myself and didn't see any problems but the outputs in debug mode are cryptic and I'm not that good with the code.

Thank you for the help. 

If it comes to this, I could delete the site and then upload fresh files.  If I do that, are there a limited numbers of files I need to keep to save my previously uploaded (over 3000) images with cases?

Thank you again,
Steve

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 05:55:18 am »

My site   http://retinagallery.com is set to Debug Mode.  I would appreciate any help in revising my site.  Thank you again. 

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 10:14:29 pm »

Critical error when I log in as 'admin' since my upgrade.  I have included a screen shot of the critical error.  This may be why my menu has problems.  I appreciate any help.

"While executing query 'SELECT cid FROM cpg_categories WHERE lft BETWEEN  AND ' in include/functions.inc.php on line 54

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND' at line 1"

Thanks,
Steven

scohen125

• Retina Gallery
I posted this problem in the 'upgrade' board since it is not a theme problem
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 06:34:08 pm »

I just posted this problem in the 'upgrade' board since it turns out to not be a problem with the theme at all.  Thought I might get more help there.  I hope this is OK and not a breach of protocol.  I've seen the board administrators move threads before but I don't think a user at my level can do that.  I'm hoping to get this problem solved soon and was hoping to get help on the upgrade board.

I hope this is OK?

:-[

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.