Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Password reminder issue  (Read 8058 times)

skyone

• Coppermine regular visitor
Password reminder issue
« on: June 27, 2010, 04:02:17 pm »

Hi !
I cannot get a new password.
I get the email You have requested a new password. If you would like to proceed with having a new password sent to you, click on the following link: ...
when I click on the link, I'm prompted to enter my email again and I get the same email with the same instructions, i've tried several times, always the same, I never get a new password. :-\
my gallery: http://materialgirl.sosugary.com/gallery/index.php

what can I do?

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Password reminder issue
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 08:32:00 pm »

Don't forget that the link in the email is only valid for a limited period of time. A test user account might be useful to test your issue.

skyone

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:42:43 pm »

Don't forget that the link in the email is only valid for a limited period of time. A test user account might be useful to test your issue.
I click on the link straight away. Since I can't login, I can't get to the cp, therefore I  cannot create a test account

onthepike

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:18:10 pm »

Your gallery is hosted via third-party (So Sugary) subdomain. If you have cPanel/phpMyAdmin access (or equivalent), you can reset your password manually. If not, you might want to contact your host or post a message to their support forum: http://www.sosugary.com/forums/

skyone

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:33:40 pm »

Your gallery is hosted via third-party (So Sugary) subdomain. If you have cPanel/phpMyAdmin access (or equivalent), you can reset your password manually. If not, you might want to contact your host or post a message to their support forum: http://www.sosugary.com/forums/

thank you very much. I managed to change my password via phpMyAdmin.

Although the password reminder via email still doesnt work

onthepike

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 11:39:09 pm »

There's little I can do about your password reminder issue because you haven't provided a test account (as suggested) nor have you opened registration (not preferred, anyway). If you provide a test user account (and enable debug mode, but do not post any output) and post the login information here, we might have a better idea of the issue and hopefully a resolution.

skyone

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 12:24:37 am »

There's little I can do about your password reminder issue because you haven't provided a test account (as suggested) nor have you opened registration (not preferred, anyway). If you provide a test user account (and enable debug mode, but do not post any output) and post the login information here, we might have a better idea of the issue and hopefully a resolution.

sorry my bad.
I've created a test account.
username: test
password: orange
password: bj5chuqg
and i have enable debug mode

thanks !

[Edit: Password changed from orange to bj5chuqg during testing. - Jeff (onthepike)]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:09:51 am by onthepike »

onthepike

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 01:54:28 am »

Not much I can do there unless you Allow users to change email address in their profile.

skyone

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 07:42:46 am »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 05:13:59 pm »

Does that mean your problem is fixed? If so please resolve your thread by ticking the little tick mark - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270631.html#msg270631
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

skyone

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 12:05:52 am »

Does that mean your problem is fixed? If so please resolve your thread by ticking the little tick mark - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270631.html#msg270631

no, it's not fixed, I did what onthepike asked me, let users change their email...

onthepike

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 01:07:13 am »

Apologies for leaving you hanging here. Usually, anyone who is online at the time will jump in and offer assistance where one has left off.

Anyway, I tested your lost password feature and I must say that I could not replicate your issue. As you can see, I have successfully entered my email address. I then used the password you supplied "orange" and changed that to "blue" so nobody else could login while I was testing. I then clicked I forgot my password and entered my email address. Message displayed indicated I would receive an email, and received the following (email address intentionally obfuscated by me):

You have requested a new password. If you would like to proceed with having a new password sent to you, click on the following link:
http://materialgirl.sosugary.com/gallery/forgot_passwd.php?key=685fcb916c2a7d56879f2cac9dc42d34&id=2

Regards,
The management of Coppermine Photo Gallery

I then clicked the link from the above email and was returned the following email:

Here is the new password you requested:
Username: test
Password: bj5chuqg
Go to http://materialgirl.sosugary.com/gallery/login.php to log in.

Regards,
The management of Coppermine Photo Gallery

I then successfully logged into the "test" account using the above email.

onthepike

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 01:12:59 am »

That said, I'd try again using another browser.  Also, clear your cache and delete your Coppermine cookie, as it may be corrupt.

This issue doesn't appear to be Coppermine-specific. Your gallery seems to be working as intended (for me on my end, anyway).

skyone

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 09:35:43 pm »

That said, I'd try again using another browser.  Also, clear your cache and delete your Coppermine cookie, as it may be corrupt.

This issue doesn't appear to be Coppermine-specific. Your gallery seems to be working as intended (for me on my end, anyway).

I tried that and no luck, so strange. :-\

onthepike

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 12:10:05 am »

What happens when you try the lost password feature with the test account you provided (which, you should have already done)? If you are able to duplicate my outcome with the test account, the issue is most likely a corrupt cookie.

Speaking of, do you use any third-party cookie apps, such as CCleaner or a Firefox addon or a side-feature of some registry app, or anti-virus or anti-malware program? If so, you must manually delete the Coppermine cookie. Simply clearing your cache will not delete a cookie you have specifically saved by an app (or browser setting).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.