Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I disable a catagory  (Read 5137 times)

jmnetje

• Coppermine newbie
How do I disable a catagory
« on: June 25, 2010, 10:44:59 am »

Hello,

I'm about to publish a gallery with 9996 photo's. Everything is ready to go online for the public. Al the photo's are in 2 head categorys with a lot off subcatagorys.
My problem is that i have to unpublish 1 headcatagory because we don't have the permission from the staff to publish this category yet.

Can someone tell me how do I unpublish a category with 50 subcategorys and almost 250 albums ? It may not be deleted because if we have green light from the staff we want to publish this category to.

The Gallery is a ART Highschool studentwork category with a lot of photo's. and two years of work te make this all real.

please help me. It has to go online before 3 - 7 - 2010.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How do I disable a catagory
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 12:39:35 pm »

Permissions go by album, not by category. That's why you can't disable an entire category. You need to disable the end user's access (permissions) to the albums that reside in that category and it's sub-categories.
There is no other way to accomplish this. Another possible option would be to backup (dump) the database and then manually dumping (deleting) the records (pictures table). They would then be gone for the coppermine admins as well. Once the issues that keep you from publishing the files have been settled you could then restore the database records that you deleted previously.
We have a strict policy that requires you to post a link to your gallery. You can't get support if you fail to respect that. That policy is valid no matter what. Please read up board rules and do as suggested.

jmnetje

• Coppermine newbie
Re: How do I disable a catagory
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 02:12:17 pm »

We have a strict policy that requires you to post a link to your gallery. You can't get support if you fail to respect that. That policy is valid no matter what. Please read up board rules and do as suggested.

Joachim,

I do respect the forum policy but i cant give you a url at this moment because is is not visible for the WWW. At this moment only our own intranet visitors can see the gallery. sorry.
Anyway thanks for the answer. I will  try one of your sollutions. As soon the gallery is public I will put a link here. And also into my profile.

Johan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.