Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: File may be corrupt or you deliberately edited it  (Read 7307 times)

yuppicide

• Coppermine novice

http://www.peppermint-bay.com/cat/

Upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.56. When I check my versions, a lot of them seem okay.. they have green check marks next to them, but then they say "Modified" and say:

"File may be corrupt (or you have deliberately edited it)."

Not sure what it means.. or why it says that.

To do my upgrade I kept my anycontent file, config file, and albums directory and uploaded the rest. Ran the install.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:38:46 am by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: File may be corrupt or you deliberately edited it
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 09:50:26 pm »

Post a screenshot of the page so we can get an idea. Or have you now fixed this along with your other problem?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

yuppicide

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:14:30 pm »

I sure can post a screen shot.. unfortunately the list runs down pretty long with all the files, so it'll take me a while if you want me to take screen shots of everything, paste them together in a graphic editor, and post here.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 07:38:31 am »

Modified
If a file is accessible and the version and revision numbers match, the versioncheck script attempts to perform a check wether the file has been modified, compared to the original that comes with the coppermine package. This check is being performed by taking into account the MD5-hashes of the original file and your copy.
When performing a fresh install or upgrade, there should be no modified files. If they are being displayed as modified, there are several possible reasons:

* You deliberately modified the file (e.g. by applying a custom modification to it). In this case, it's OK to ignore the warning in the "Modified"-column and continue
    * Your file has not been transfered fully to the webserver. If this is the case, try to re-upload the file from your client to the server. If this doesn't help, your package might have gotten corrupt. Re-download a fresh one from the coppermine download section, un-archive it and re-upload the file. Make sure that your FTP app is configured to actually overwrite existing files
    * You have used an improper FTP-mode to transfer the file to your webserver. Using FTP apps, you can transfer files in binary or ASCII-mode. Most up-to-date FTP clients have a feature that will automatically select the proper FTP-mode for each file. If this is not the case, try the manual appoach and explicitely specify the FTP-mode for your file uploads.
    * Your webhost is injecting code into each file. Many free webspace providers (so-called "freehosts") do this to inject advertisments into your files. There's little you can do then except signing up with paid webhosting or ignoring the "Modified"-warning and hoping that things will work anyway.

The output of the column "modified" can be filtered by enabling the option Don't check for modified files. This will result in a slightly increased performance of the versioncheck script.
Not sure what it means.. or why it says that.
Then you should have read the relevant section of the docs first, before asking questions here. That's why we have written them. We're not fond to answer questions that are already answered in every possible detail inside the documentation. Marking thread as "closed", as I find this upsetting: I have created the version check script in an attempt to give users a tool to help them upgrade by themselves. I haven't written that tool (and the documentation for it) to make supporter's lives harder. >:(
Don't expect to be spoon-fed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.