Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme can't change  (Read 7014 times)

itsmeme

• Coppermine newbie
Theme can't change
« on: June 19, 2010, 12:12:08 am »

My Permissions are all Chmod, and still I am unable to change my coppermine theme! IM using 1.5.6 and when I click a new theme it just stays on the one its on ... What Do I Do?

Thank you!!

onthepike

Re: Theme can't change
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 12:21:26 am »

My Permissions are all Chmod,

Actually, you have CHMOD one or more files and/or directories to some unknown permission(s) to be determined (if necessary) at a later time, because you failed to post a link to your gallery and you failed to include whatever permission setting you used (if at all relevant) within this post.

and still I am unable to change my coppermine theme! IM using 1.5.6 and when I click a new theme it just stays on the one its on ... What Do I Do?

Not sure, actually. For starters, you could post a link to your Coppermine gallery as per board rules, and hopefully we'll find out.

itsmeme

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 12:34:03 am »

I am sorry I didnt provide the proper information ...

Gallery http://maiakrallfry.co.uk/gallery
I CHMOD to 755 and I did the following folder and all the files inside: includes, albums, logs and plugins

onthepike

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 01:28:03 am »

You can change your gallery themes (I ran through them all individually via your selector), however the themes that come with Coppermine in version 1.5.x no longer have the theme selector enabled by default. I see however, you do indeed have the theme selector on many of your themes which means you are most likely using themes designed for 1.4.x with your 1.5.x setup.

In addition, a good number of your themes are corrupt (code shining through your output); especially your custom theme - Version01).

Please be sure that your FTP program overwrites the old 1.4.x core themes with the new 1.5.x themes that come bundled with the package. To use themes designed for 1.4.x with 1.5.x, please see Converting cpg1.4.x themes to cpg1.5.x.

From my perspective, you do not have a permission problem with your theme directory. You have a plethora of coding errors within many themes and you are using themes designed for the older version of Coppermine.

itsmeme

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 02:20:27 am »

Ok So I Re-downloaded 1.5.6 and Deleted the themes from what was uploaded, and replaced them with the themes folder in 1.5.6 ...

However it is still NOT working ... Maybe im doing something wrong ... Im not sure :(

I will convert my 1.4.x themes - But for right now the 1.5.6 themes are not working, and i have no idea why! :(

onthepike

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 02:36:31 am »

http://maiakrallfry.co.uk/gallery/index.php?theme=curve (working)
http://maiakrallfry.co.uk/gallery/index.php?theme=eyeball (working)
http://maiakrallfry.co.uk/gallery/index.php?theme=hardwired (working)
http://maiakrallfry.co.uk/gallery/index.php?theme=rainy_day (working)
http://maiakrallfry.co.uk/gallery/index.php?theme=water_drop (working)
http://maiakrallfry.co.uk/gallery/index.php?theme=default (working)

I don't see any issues at all with any of your current themes. If I am able to change them via URL, you should be able to change them via Config. I suspect, if this is the current issue, you might have a corrupt cookie. I suggest deleting your current maiakrallfry.co.uk cookie and cleaning out your cache. Reset your cookie and retry.

For the record, please provide your current operating system, your browser and verify you have javascript enabled and that you are not blocking cookies.

itsmeme

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 03:01:12 am »

Alright, First i want to slip in a quick thanks for all your help!! Thank you!!!

second, When I click the links you provided, there is a new theme! However I am still unable to change the theme through Config ...

I have deleted all my cookies, temporary files, history, web information, and saved passwords - just to be safe ...

Then I checked on java.com to see that i have the latest Javascript, and I do, and its enabled ... My Browser is Internet 8 ... I dont believe I have cookies blocked, because my virus scan always warns me that I need to delete my cookies because some might be Dangerous -- But I dont know how to check for sure ... And I am unsure what you mean by Current opperating system, do you mean my computer? - Sorry!!

thanks again for helping!!!
Hope we can figure this out!
thank you!

itsmeme

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 03:06:40 am »

OK IT WORKS!! ...

I had to rebout my browser about 8 times, and open it as an administrator ... when that worked I just opened the browser normally and it Still worked!

I think it was the cookies afterall! Thank you!!! Thank you Thank you THank you!! :)

onthepike

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 03:12:47 am »

You're welcome.

I'm still not convinced, however, that this isn't a browser or cookie issue. To rule these out, please do the following:
  • Close Internet Explorer.
  • Close ALL open windows.
  • In Task Manager, please be certain iexplore.exe is NOT running and kill that task/end process tree if it is running.
  • Re-clean your cache, preferable via Windows or equivalent (not IE) or third-party software, such as CCleaner.
  • Open Firefox or any other browser of your choice.
  • Create a new admin account for yourself.
  • Attempt to change your theme with your new account from the new browser.

onthepike

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 03:16:04 am »

I see you have resolved the issue while I was typing the previous message. Therefore, please disregard.

Anyway, happy to have been of assistance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 10:16:39 am »

Then I checked on java.com to see that i have the latest Javascript
That is of course utter nonsense. I'm not posting this to start an argument or to make you look ridiculous , but for the benefit of others who might come across this thread. JavaScript and Java are entirely different animals and as much related as General Motors and General MacArthur: not related at all. JavaScript depends on your browser and is built into your browser (or not). Java is an add-on/plugin for your browser that is provided by Sun Microsystems. What itsmeme did was totally useless in this aspect.

itsmeme

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 07:10:30 pm »

^ I actually did not know that! So thank you!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.