Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ecard problems  (Read 8326 times)

jennym

• Coppermine newbie
ecard problems
« on: June 20, 2010, 02:57:45 pm »

Hi, I do hope this is posted in the right place.

Having trouble with sending ecards.  The system tells me the cards have been sent and I can see them in the log - but they don't arrive.

Have searched you board but cannot find this problem in cpg1.5.  I did find a possible solution in a lower version, see below:

Open your include/mailer.inc.php and fill it in your username and password.

Code:
$CONFIG['smtp_host'] = 'localhost';
$CONFIG['smtp_username'] = '';
$CONFIG['smtp_password'] = '';

The code in cpg1.5 appears to be slightly different in include/mailer.inc.php.

But have had a try at editing it - unsuccessfully!

Code: [Select]
if ($CONFIG['smtp_host']) {

$mail->IsSMTP();
        $mail->Host = $CONFIG['smtp_host']; 'localhost';

if ($CONFIG['smtp_username']) {
            $mail->SMTPAuth = true;
            $mail->Username = $CONFIG['me@mysite.com'];
            $mail->Password = $CONFIG['password'];
        } else {
            $mail->SMTPAuth = false;
        }

BTW, the smtp username and password was confirmed the hosting company.

Apologies for being php ignorant!

My site is http://www.algorfa.co.uk/photogall/index.php

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: ecard problems
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:04:39 am »

Hi, I do hope this is posted in the right place.
No, it was not posted in the right section, as you don't have an issue with installing Coppermine, but with setting up the email sending. Your posting was moved accordingly.

Have searched you board but cannot find this problem in cpg1.5.  I did find a possible solution in a lower version, see below:
You should have read the documentation first. You don't have to edit the code. Just use the config panel that Coppermine comes with (see http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_email) to enter SMTP details if needed.

jennym

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:10:24 pm »

Sorry for posting in the wrong place

Have reloaded an unedited include/mailer.inc.php - so I'm back to scratch.

Have read and re read your help page, even sent a screen print to my hosting company asking for assistance.

They sent me the server details, including the port number, and they confirmed my SMTP username and password.

I have carried out all the permutations possible in the email settings from 'nothing entered, to all information entered.  Mainly I get the message that says the email has been sent..... but nothing is received.

When I registered a normal username, I did receive an email saying 'Welcome to Coppermine etc.....).  So the mailing must be working.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Please! :-\

onthepike

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:58:04 pm »

Have you examined possible error logs from your server and/or your gallery? Try these steps to see if we can produce an error message which should prove useful in attempting to identify the source of the problem, and then resolve it:

• In config, be sure to enable all statistics and logging.
  • Send an e-card using the default (blank) Coppermine settings.
  • In config, reset the settings your host identified as correct information (your host, username and password), then send another e-card.

Then,

Information -> View Log Files -> Mail

There will (hopefully) be two new error messages. Copy and paste those here (if they are available).

Also, check your own server's error logs (usually in cPanel or equivalent) pertaining to Coppermine and post them here as well.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 07:05:53 am »

Have you specified a valid sender email address (http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_general_email) as well as a valid recipient address (user's profile)? Don't take that for granted - a typo could always have crept in, please re-check. Have you checked that the email is not being caught inside some anti-spam mechanism of the recipient's mailbox? If sending one email works and sending another fails (depending on the user, i.e. the recipient), then Coppermine itself is capable to send emails, so the fault must lie in the individual recipient email address (either it's wrong in the profile or something happens to the mail on it's way to the actual recipient).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.