Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does memberlist disabling work with bridging?  (Read 6928 times)

fertilepress

• Coppermine newbie
Does memberlist disabling work with bridging?
« on: April 23, 2010, 12:37:44 am »

I have bridged to phpBB3. Although "Allow logged in users to view the memberlist" is unchecked (default), the Memberlist link still appears in the My gallery menu dropdown. When clicked, the user is redirected to the memberlist in phpbb3. Does memberlist disabling not work with bridging?

M4rkus

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Does memberlist disabling work with bridging?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:37:23 am »

Hi fertilepress,

i'm not a Supporter on this board but i can say is better for you to read this topic -> http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64200.0.html
befor you post here ;)

To your question: Are you sure you have unchecked "Allow logged in users to view the memberlist" ?
I have also in my testinstallation cpg1.5.3 briged with phpbb3 and "Allow logged in users to view the memberlist" is unchecked.
I don't see the memberlist link...so it is ok but you have to logged in as user not as admin !
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 07:36:54 am by M4rkus »
Best all, Markus

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:39:44 am »

As far as I can see this is a bug when cpg1.5.x is bridged: the link shows in the navigation even if the corresponding option was disabled. However, as M4rkus pointed out there are some things that are mandatory to do when asking for support. The most important set of rules can be found when you click on "board rules" within the forum's navigation. An excerpt is displayed when you compose a posting. You agreed to respect those rules when you signed up. In other words: they showed up very often already for you, yet you ignored them. This is not very nice and usually leads to you getting ignored in return. Please don't complain about rudeness and that you only wanted to ask your question or that you can't see the point why we are so strict as far as those rules are concerned; those are the rules - respect them without nagging. If you can't, there is no support.

fertilepress

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 11:33:31 pm »

I apologize for disregarding the posting rule. And I have no intention of complaining of rudeness or of nagging. That would be childish and unproductive. In future I'll be sure to provide all requested information.

If, however, I only want to ask if there's a known bug (as it appeared to be in this case), where would I post such a question?

Thanks!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 12:57:32 am »

You can post it in whichever board is relevant as long as you obey the rules. In your case a link (which you still have not provided) and some information about your bridge (read the sticky/docs to find out what is needed). This allows us to check certain thinks with your setup that could be causing the problem. Instead we are in the dark and can only guess what may or may not be going on. It is also very frustrating to have to ask over and over for those simple pieces of information. Worse still is when someone argues as to why they should be exempt from doing so. We ask for numerous reasons none of which are just to be annoying.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 09:57:01 am »

I apologize for disregarding the posting rule.
Then why do you keep on ignoring the rules. I posted reference to them for a reason.

digof

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 04:11:14 am »

I had this problem and I noticed that the user that I was using had permission in phpbb3 to see memberlist.
Go to phpbb/permissions/user or group permissions/Advanced permissions/profile, and set to NO where says "Can view profiles, memberlist and online list". When you go back to coppermine, the memberlist will not show

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 07:37:39 am »

Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.