Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mail() and yahoo  (Read 5196 times)

markan

• Coppermine newbie
mail() and yahoo
« on: June 02, 2004, 03:52:38 am »

I am having problems with the  email function not working.

Apparently, with yahoo hosting, the "from" header HAS to be from the hosted domain.  So when I send an ecard, anything other than name@mydomain.com in the from field will not send.  When I put in info@mydomain.com, it sends fine. 

Think there is any way around this?  I'm not sure if yahoo allows smtp, but probably not. 

Thanks for any help...

Mark

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: mail() and yahoo
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 06:37:20 am »

it's a noble thought of yahoo to make it harder on spammers by doing a domain check in the from field, but I guess that's not the answer you were looking for. You could pre-fill the from var with some email address from your domain (this way, all ecards look as if they have been sent by you though) and add the senders name into an <a href="mailto:<?php print $sender_email; ?>"<?php print $sender_email; ?></a>-tag. Look into include/mailer.inc.php

GauGau

marcodallas

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 08:13:12 pm »

Hello Gaugau,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking some of your time answering me.

I have the same problem as markan (I am using Yahoo! as my host) and I did not understand what to change on the file mailer.inc.php to make it so all the e-cards are sent from a single e-mail address of my website (Such as  name@mydomain.com).

Thank you in advance!  :)

Sincerly, Marco.

PS: I have been using Coppermine for a while now and I looooooooooove it!

marcodallas

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 05:28:40 am »

Anybody??  ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.