Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hide categories if no albums will be shown or the categories are empty  (Read 4736 times)

AK_CCM

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • Mushroom Hobby Photograph
    • Ent◊l◊ma.de – Rötlinge, Wiesenpilze und andere Schwammerln

Is it a useful feature if the gallery hides empty categories or categories that appear empty due to the permissions of the albums?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

If we introduce a new config value, the admin can decide if this is a useful feature or not ;)

AK_CCM

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • Mushroom Hobby Photograph
    • Ent◊l◊ma.de – Rötlinge, Wiesenpilze und andere Schwammerln

That's really true.

Let me explain why I would like to have such a config value: I would like to store hires images for press people in an album. And only press people should have access to that album. If I adjust the rights of such an album normally users couldn't see the album but CPG shows the empty category e.g. press area. This would seem strange. And another categories with albums visible to all users aren't an option because the press album doesn't fit to the categories "Conferences" and "Contests".

What do you think about?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.