Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails not showing on first page.  (Read 14246 times)

mrpepsi

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Thumbnails not showing on first page.
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 08:27:36 pm »

First_level=1

I will get to the rest later tonight.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 07:40:17 am »

[Off-Topic note to Admins: I used to be able to edit my posts, but apparently I have been denied that ability, hence all the "extra" tagged messages]

Added you to the supporters group. Please try again.

onthepike

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 05:35:07 pm »

Added you to the supporters group. Please try again.

All issues related to this side-topic are resolved. Thank you for the promotion :-)

Regarding the objective here, I wonder if MrPepsi has tried selecting a thumbnail for each category?

mrpepsi

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 05:49:44 pm »

@onthepike

I guess I did not realize I needed to select a thumb for each category. DUH!!! I just thought the category thumbs would show from last version and never dreamed I would need to reselect them. ::)

How come no albums show up under each category on main page? What do I need to change to get albums to show under each category.

One last partial off topic question. I have the validation errors down to 32 most are like this Error  Line 97, Column 13: end tag for "tr" which is not finished and I do not know how to find this in the code or resolve it.

I have everything done and am ready to run update.php so I will have 1.5.7 shortly.

@onthepike thank you for your help even though I feel embarrassed by my lack of knowledge. Again thank you onthepike.

onthepike

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 05:57:16 pm »

I think, and I'll be corrected if I'm wrong (good chance I'm completely wrong here) ... because you seem to have 'second level' albums as opposed to first level albums. In other words, it looks to me as if you have categories nested inside categories (it's hard to tell with so much going on there) and then albums under second level categories. Which is why you have thumbnails on the next level pages (clicking each top level category) but not top level.

By default, first level album thumbnails are assigned last uploaded, but you can change that.

So my suggestion there is to attempt to pull a thumbnail from a lower-level album. Or something.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 06:07:46 pm »

I guess I did not realize I needed to select a thumb for each category. DUH!!! I just thought the category thumbs would show from last version and never dreamed I would need to reselect them. ::)
You had to pick category thumbnails in cpg1.4.x as well - there has never been an automated selection of category thumbnails, in no version ever.

How come no albums show up under each category on main page? What do I need to change to get albums to show under each category.
No category thumbnail for user galleries and categories that don't contain albums with pics in it, but only sub-categories
, exactly as in cpg1.4.x - this hasn't changed:
No category thumbnail for user galleries and categories that don't contain albums with pics in it, but only sub-categories

One last partial off topic question. I have the validation errors down to 32 most are like this Error  Line 97, Column 13: end tag for "tr" which is not finished and I do not know how to find this in the code or resolve it.
One issue per thread! Start a new thread for this issue that is entirely unrelated to the issue that this thread should deal with, this one is already badly cluttered.

mrpepsi

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 06:20:17 pm »

onthepike and Joachim-- I am still not understanding why albums do not show up under the categories on the first page like in 1.4.x.

Sorry about my lack of knowledge, there is a lot here to learn and read. I do thank you guys for taking the time to try and help me, I know you guys are busy and I do appreciate everything.

Is it now ok to disable debug and enable plugins?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 06:22:27 pm »

Sure, go ahead. But if you trust me a little bit, don't turn your site back to how it used to be when you started this thread - it just is way too cluttered.

mrpepsi

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 06:33:51 pm »

I will see what I can do. I need to figure out how to break it up into pages.

I know you have already answered this but I do not get it so I will try again.

In 1.4x I had albums listed under the categories on page one and now I do not. I actually like it this way as it does break things up and is not so cluttered but I am curious at this point why the albums do not show under the categories on page 1 and what I would need to do to get them to show up.

Joachim This version is great I really like the new upload as it is quick and easy. I also know I need to rename my theme and I will read up on that and change it ASAP.

Again thank you to onthepike and of course Joachim.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 06:38:17 pm »

Does http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_album_number not help? Attach a screenshot of the relevant section of the config page to your posting. But again: you have so much content already on your index - displaying even more content (albums and album thumbnails) is entire overkill imo.

mrpepsi

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 06:42:39 pm »

Sorry no it does not. Here is the screen shot.

onthepike

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 07:24:28 pm »

[...] I am curious at this point why the albums do not show under the categories on page 1 and what I would need to do to get them to show up.

I'm confused. I thought this issue was solved by assigning your category thumbnails. You've even added one on your index page as noted below. Simply repeat the same process for each category.

mrpepsi

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 07:49:42 pm »

onthepike,

I know that, what I was asking is how to get the albums to show on front page under the categories. I have gone up and down the config and cannot find it. I am not going to put them back but just want to know for future reference.

Can you or will you contact me off list?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 07:33:03 am »

Can you or will you contact me off list?
There is no individual support unless a supporter grants this privilege. We're not fond of users asking for this privilege to be granted.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.