Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Browser issue? JPG doesn't show with transparent overlay  (Read 3756 times)

mfapsj

• Coppermine newbie
Browser issue? JPG doesn't show with transparent overlay
« on: June 10, 2010, 08:55:46 am »

When I upgraded to Coppermine 1.5.4 (have had no time yet to apply the most recent update) I activated the transparent overlay function, which I love.

However, I've had some visitors complain that for them the actual image - which is in JPG - doesn't show anymore. What can I tell them? Is this browser related? Should they switch browsers? I myself don't get this problem on either IE 7 or the current Firefox.

Thank you :)

My gallery:
http://marion-media.org/gallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Browser issue? JPG doesn't show with transparent overlay
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 09:23:18 am »

Ask them for as many details as they could provide (this is also a list for possible culprits):
  • Operating system
  • Browser (exact version!)
  • Browser plug-ins
  • Client-sided third-party software that interferes with display of internet pages (usually internet security suites from anti-virus companies)
  • Internet connection method (cable/DSL/LAN)
  • Proxy usage (yes, no, don't know)

Additionally, ask for a deep link to the page that they're having issues with.

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
Re: Browser issue? JPG doesn't show with transparent overlay
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 02:03:10 pm »

The built in mechanism creates a table instead of a picture and places the actual image in a cell background and a transparent GIF of the same size in the foreground. That's one way to realize a transparent overlay.

There's another way that places a transparent gif of the same size next to the image and moves it to the left via CSS so it covers the original pic. Maybe it helps. See here, section 'Workaround for transparent overlay'.

- Will only work if you don't have the sections <<<theme_html_picture>>> and <<<theme_display_fullsize_pic>>> in your theme.php yet.
- Will probably not work together with all plugins, for example the annotation plugin. So please test carefully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.