Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical Error, upgrading from 1.4 to 1.5.  (Read 6436 times)

sneax

• Coppermine newbie
Critical Error, upgrading from 1.4 to 1.5.
« on: June 09, 2010, 10:33:20 pm »

Here is the situation: I had a coppermine gallery 1.4.20 bridged with SMF 2.0 RC3 on host1. Recently I had to change to host2. I made a backup of the database. I then upped the database in the new host. Then I installed phpBB3, converted from the old SMF and all that is working. Then I uploaded albums directory from host1 to host2. Then I uploaded the latest stable 1.4 package. I then changed config.inc.php.sample to reflect new database settings and removoed .sample. I then realised my bridge would be broken, also I couldn't access the gallery simply because of the broken bridge.

I then went into the database and in bridge table I changed 'short_name' from smf to coppermine (as I found that file in bridge directory and after looking in init.inc.php how the bridging file was initiated). I tried again and coppermine was running fine standalone on new host.

I tried some stuff and the album seems to be fully functional (albeit stanadlone but I figured I'd fix the bridging after upgrade to 1.5), so I started the upgrade. I uploaded all 1.5 files but kept albums directory and include/config.inc.php.

Now, when I go to the update.php page I get this error:
Coppermine critical error:
The group table does not contain the Anonymous group !

And that's where I am right now. I tried using the 'old' files from the 'old' host for coppermine but that gave the same error. I tried looking in the source files for the above error statement and where it was invoked but it are too many files. I also tried to run the update sql straight into phpmyadmin but that gave me errors which probably weren't show-stopping but on error, phpmyadmin stopped the sql so that didn't work.

So I tried installing again as clean as possible and ask for help.

Note: I only have the backup files (data/database) from the old host. It's not online anymore.

Need any more info, please ask.

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Critical Error, upgrading from 1.4 to 1.5.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:46:33 pm »

Please read this from the documentation or post a link to your gallery if you need further support as requested in board rules.

sneax

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 11:05:20 pm »

Link to gallery: http://lotjeronstissen.snx.be/album

But this is 1.5 files with 1.4 dbase because update.php doesn't work therefore, there isn't much to see ...

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:12:26 pm »

Hmm, not sure what has gone wrong. Was the bridge disabled before upgrading?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

sneax

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 10:09:57 am »

Unfortunately, no, so I tried manually disabling the bridge by going into the database. I found that changing 'short_name' in the bridge table from smf to coppermine disabled the bridge. But I'm not sure if that's the correct procedure.

It would already help if I knew where that error is invoked (which file) so I can find out what exactly it means.

sneax

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 11:26:37 am »

FIXED!

This is how I did it for futher reference:
- I moved 1.4 from the old to the new host (again)
- I installed a NEW copy of 1.4 on that same host (other database and other subfolder)
- I went into the database and moved the these tables from the new install to the old install: bridge, config, users, usergroups.
- I then went to update and all went fine!
Note: you will lose all group/user and config structures of coppermine. But since I bridge, I don't mind.

My album has been converted from coppermine to gallery 2 and back in the past, has been bridged to different forums and back, and I thought this was an ideal way to clean up the database. As long as my hundreds of pics and category structure is OK I don't mind that I have to reconfigure.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 07:06:26 pm »

Glad you got it sorted. There are however ways to disable the bridge as outlined in the docs for both 1.4.x and 1.5.x. Using those will probably have saved you a lot of effort.

Thanks for resolving your post. I wish more users would mak the effort without us having to prompt them. Well done.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.