Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error: Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image  (Read 20430 times)

Sandrina

• Coppermine novice
Error: Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image
« on: June 09, 2010, 05:08:23 pm »

Hi
I upload images through Batch add files and have this error for some files - Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image
Some photos from this album was successfully loadedб but other have this error.
I reupload through ftp this files, but it didn't help.

gallery link - www.emmy-rossum.info/gallery
version of gallery - Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.24 (stable)

thank you for any help!)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Sandrina

• Coppermine novice
Re: Error: Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 05:28:15 pm »

sorry, but where in this link i can find answer to my question?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 05:56:59 pm »

Did you read it, at least the headline? It is named "Asking for support on upload issues" and does exactly what it says: it explains what you need to do if you want to get support on your upload issue. Obviously, you haven't provided everything that we need to look into your issue, or I wouldn't have posted the reference to that section. As you appear to be too lazy to follow the link, let me quote that section for you:
Asking for support on upload issues
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.
When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Bear in mind that the section I quoted refers to another section right above the "Asking for support on upload issues" chapter, so let me quote that as well for you
Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages. This applies to all upload methods, not only HTTP uploads.

Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
      (set Enable debug mode to "Yes: Everyone")
    * Leave display of notices switched off
      (notices are only meant for developers. If you have idea what they mean, leave them off.)
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only"
         1. set File upload boxes to "1" (1)
         2. set URI upload boxes to "0" (2)
         3. set No. of boxes to "fixed" (3)

# Save your new settings
(click on "Apply Modifications")

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.

copperbo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:16:57 pm »

OK, here we go:

My site is: http://www.dutchnature.com/coppermine/
I've created the user: test with password: test1
I get the message:

Critical error
Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

File: /home/p3237/domains/dutchnature.com/public_html/coppermine/db_input.php - Line: 664

Can you help me? Is there a way to check if ImageMagick is working properly? I'm new to coppermine and it hasn't worked so far.

copperbo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 11:20:17 pm »

Can't I modify my post? I should have mentioned that I use 1.5.8, so I'm not in the correct forum it seems; I landed here because of a search...

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 11:25:16 pm »

You can't modify your post.
Please do not hijack threads, start your own on the 1.5.x support board.

locking
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.