Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical Error at admin login  (Read 6288 times)

BradInOKC

• Coppermine novice
Critical Error at admin login
« on: June 08, 2010, 09:01:49 pm »

When I try to login as admin, I get "Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query"

Any thoughts?  http://www.builderbobs.com/gallery/clearance is the url

Thanks for your help.

BradInOKC

• Coppermine novice
Re: Critical Error at admin login
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 09:59:06 pm »

Just another note...  I have three galleries on the same mysql server, and this is the only one of the three that is suddenly giving me problems...  I have not changed anything that I can think of, except relatively recently I edited my template's php file...but I have not had any problems with my other galleries and I changed those templates as well.  Thanks for any help you can think of.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:06:52 pm »

First update your gallery as we are now on 1.5.6

Try and see if it works with another theme such as curve. If not enable debug and post the error.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

BradInOKC

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:22:15 pm »

I'm in the process of updating now, didn't know about the new release.  How can I change the theme I use if I cannot login as admin?

onthepike

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 02:07:48 am »

Use phpMyAdmin and select your CPG database. Then select the config table and scroll to theme (could be on any of multiple pages; all in alphabetical order). Change your theme manually, as you would any other configuration option using phpMyAdmin:

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 08:10:56 am »

Or read the docs - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_create.htm#theme_create_tipps

This tells you that all you need to do is use the right link and your will see your site with your chosen theme. None of that silly messing around with the database needed.

In your case try this - http://www.builderbobs.com/gallery/clearance/index.php?theme=curve

Notice the ?theme=curve at the end?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 08:59:16 am »

Using the url parameter is recommended, as we store the user's settings in the cookie. If you change the default theme in the database, it won't change your individual settings.

BradInOKC

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 03:56:33 pm »

Well, I upgraded my galleries w/no problems...thanks again for the heads up about the upgrade.  I think the problem I was having yesterday really had to do with this computer, because I was able to login as admin from other computers.  I deleted my temporary internet files, and it let me login again.  Your comment about the cookies made me think to try that.  Thanks for your help, hopefully the problem is fixed for good.  It would sometimes allow me to login as admin, but then say "Welcome Guest" and not show the admin controls.  I suspect the last time I admin'd the gallery from this computer I did a "Hide Admin Controls" and maybe that fouled things up from this computer?  Anyway, thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 05:19:25 pm »

I suspect the last time I admin'd the gallery from this computer I did a "Hide Admin Controls" and maybe that fouled things up from this computer?
Never hide admin controls then... ::)

BradInOKC

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 05:46:52 pm »

lol, probably a good plan...  now to fix this new problem uploading...very strange and sudden problems lately.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 05:52:06 pm »

It would sometimes allow me to login as admin, but then say "Welcome Guest" and not show the admin controls.
I recognized that on my testbed, too. If it happens, you aren't logged. I thought it depends on my testbed, as I haven't recognized that on my production gallery.

If it happens the next time to me, I'll have a closer look at the browser cookies and Coppermine's session table.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.