Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Upgrade results in "fatal error:" message, unchanged db tables  (Read 15112 times)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Upgrade results in "fatal error:" message, unchanged db tables
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 10:13:48 pm »

OK, I'll close this off.

For anyone reading this, the big mistake this user is making is expecting the data from one database to be transfererred to another. That will not happen the way the upgrade works. The user should not have fiddled with the config file but left it alone. It is a simple matter for uploading all the files and running a script. The old tables will be adjusted by that script but it will not create a new database. That is why you need to backup just incase something goes wrong. Please do not follow this thread as it is a mess and has become very messed up along the way.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Upgrade results in "fatal error:" message, unchanged db tables
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 10:16:16 pm »

the installation process had not transferred my data from the 1.4 database tables to the 1.5 ones
I think here's your error in reasoning. When you upgrade your gallery, the table prefix is still the same.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.