Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine & PHP Nuke user table integration?  (Read 14775 times)

Smith

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine & PHP Nuke user table integration?
« on: September 29, 2003, 11:33:43 pm »

I also have problems with PHP Nuke 6.8 and Coppermine 1.1.D. For some reason, the users registered in the PHP Nuke tables are not linked to the users in the Coppermine. The PHP Nuke "users" don't automatically become Coppermine users. For my Coppermine setup, any user that logs into PHP Nuke is simply just an anonymous. It does recognize godusers though, which is even more puzzling. Contrary, my PHPBB port works perfectly and PHP Nuke and PHPBB users are one and the same.

This way, I can never give different permissions to Users, anonymous, and banned users etc. I'd like to set up some meaningful permissions and with Coppermine and PHP Nuke users disconnected this is virtually impossible.

Anyone, please tell me how I should set up my tables/configuration so that logged in PHP Nuke users will also become logged in Coppermine users.

Thanks alot in advance.  

BTW: thanks for picking up the Coppermine community while chezgreg is "out of town"

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 09:30:33 pm »

Can you give us a link to your site?

I also am using coppermine 1.1d with 6.8 when I'm logged in as admin click users I'm presented with a list of the users in the php-nuke table which I can then assign permissions. Did you change from the standalone version to nuke?
One prob I was having after I imported my users from phpbb standalone was new user registration but not this, are you able to register as a new user?
Is your config set to allow anonymous users to post pics? if not try logging out as admin, login as a user and try to post a pic...

Smith

• Coppermine newbie
Table integration
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 03:47:33 pm »

Quote from: "gtroll"
I also am using coppermine 1.1d with 6.8 when I'm logged in as admin click users I'm presented with a list of the users in the php-nuke table which I can then assign permissions. Did you change from the standalone version to nuke?
One prob I was having after I imported my users from phpbb standalone was new user registration but not this, are you able to register as a new user?
Is your config set to allow anonymous users to post pics? if not try logging out as admin, login as a user and try to post a pic...

Hi Gtroll,

That is exactly what I want, to be presented in admin mode by all my Nuke users so I can give them different permissions but it is not happening yet :(.

My site is lao-american.org and I recently upgraded to PHP Nuke 6.9 instead of 6.8 so now I have PHP Nuke 6.9 and cpg 1.1.D.
- Started with the 1.1.D port and never used a standalone;
- The only thing I can do is give permissions to anonymous users. CPG sees everyone as either admin or anonymous. There are no (banned) users available in some kind of group list and, therefore,  I cannot give permissions to users. If I grant anonymous users permission to upload, any user of the site will be able to upload unless I disable the module for anonymous visitors which I don't want to do because I do want visitors to see my pics, just not uploading theirs.

Thx in advance  :)

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2003, 11:31:29 pm »

The port does seem to have some issues with user integration between the cpg_user table and the nuke user table which I hope to clear up in CPG1.2-nuke. When I set one of my cpg users to admin I actually gave him nuke admin powers.
A couple of questions to help figure this out.
What is the  user_group_cp of your anonymous user in nuke_users?
What is the  user_group_cp of your admin user in nuke_users?
What is the  user_group_cp of your registered user in nuke_users?
Have you modified init.inc.php?
What is the value of $CONFIG['TABLE_USERS'] (on or around line 150 of init.inc.php)

Smith

• Coppermine newbie
Pre-fix in init.inc.php
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 01:03:28 pm »

Quote from: "gtroll"
The port does seem to have some issues with user integration between the cpg_user table and the nuke user table which I hope to clear up in CPG1.2-nuke. When I set one of my cpg users to admin I actually gave him nuke admin powers.
A couple of questions to help figure this out.
What is the  user_group_cp of your anonymous user in nuke_users?
What is the  user_group_cp of your admin user in nuke_users?
What is the  user_group_cp of your registered user in nuke_users?
Have you modified init.inc.php?
What is the value of $CONFIG['TABLE_USERS'] (on or around line 150 of init.inc.php)

Scot,

Thanks I solved the problem with your questions. The problem was the prefix name in the includes/init.inc.php around line 150. Where it states:

$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']                = "cpg_users";

Change it to:

$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']                = "nuke_users";

That solves the problem. Users logged into PHP Nuke will be logged into Coppermine 1.1.D so toggling the user permissions will have the desired effect. The nuke-user table is used for both now.

Thanks ! 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.