Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Bug report  (Read 6663 times)

Methen

• Coppermine novice
[Invalid]: Bug report
« on: June 07, 2010, 06:36:09 pm »

I did not see any place to post bug reports so I posted here
also I did a search and did not see this issue come up anywhere

I am testing the latest version of copper mine 1.5
I uploaded a stand alone version using mozilla fire fox and had no problems with the install
This is the problem I encountered  I am going to be running a private gallery
using pass word protected directory where each user will have there own personal account and pass word
however when doing a test upload each time I tried to upload a picture the pop up for for the pass word protected directory popped up wanting my pass word and interfered with the upload, I even place a check mark in  remember pass word but that did no good and cookies were turned on
when I turned off the pass word protected directory the upload went through ok

Is there a way to fix this issue with out turning off the pass word protected directory ?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:51:12 pm by Phill Luckhurst »

Methen

• Coppermine novice
Re: Bug report
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:09:10 pm »

update: I tried dissabaleing my fire wall and that allowed the login info to stay in the password proteced pop up how ever even with the info  being remembered when I clicked ok the upload will not work there is something in the coppermine that is making it pop up Ive enabled all cookies and placed a check mark in the remember me but the results were the same.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:28:11 pm »

You will not get any answers until you follow the rules for requesting support. Click the link above for Board Rules. You will see that posting a link to your Coppermine is required for support.

Another good thing to do is to read your document package. It will save you and everyone else time. Take a look at the "Known Issues" - you will find....

Flash uploader (swfupload) won't work if the gallery is located in a password protected directory

Be careful when using the word bug especially when you have not taken the time to check your documents.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:33:55 pm »

I did not see any place to post bug reports so I posted here
Really? That's strange - a lot of users have found the board cpg1.5 Testing/Bugs without any problems. Anyway, as Joe suggested, your posting doesn't qualify as a valid bug report. It doesn't qualify as valid support request. In fact it doesn't even qualify as valid posting, as you broke many rules. I suggest you start over, doing as Joe suggested (i.e. reading up the board rules thread and doing as suggested there).

Methen

• Coppermine novice
upload problem with pass word protected files turned on
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:45:25 pm »

I am testing the latest version of copper mine 1.5
I uploaded a stand alone version using mozilla fire fox and had no problems with the install
This is the problem I encountered  I am going to be running a private gallery
using pass word protected directory where each user will have there own personal account and pass word
however when doing a test upload each time I tried to upload a picture the pop up for for the pass word protected directory popped up wanting my pass word and interfered with the upload, I even place a check mark in  remember pass word but that did no good and cookies were turned on
when I turned off the pass word protected directory the upload went through ok

Is there a way to fix this issue with out turning off the pass word protected directory ?

Site Link is :http://allbridges.info/gallery/gallery/
popup login is

login: guest
password: apple

admin login is: admin
password: apple
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:47:57 am by Αndré »

Methen

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:46:30 pm »

Methen

• Coppermine novice
Re: upload problem with pass word protected files turned on
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 06:41:29 am »

Note By pass word protected  files I am refereing to the one that comes in cpanel that you use to pass word protect files and folders.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 07:46:06 am »

Please read the docs before starting new threads:
Flash uploader (swfupload) won't work if the gallery is located in a password protected directory

Anyway, your thread is a support question and no valid bug report. Moving from cpg1.5 Testing/Bugs.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 08:51:37 am »

Merging with the existing thread. You shouldn't have started a new thread - that's not what you have been told.
Clickable link to your gallery is http://allbridges.info/gallery/gallery/
Posting your admin password is silly - I have edited your password on your gallery and changed it to something else. All you do is causing extra moderation effort. Now, before you reply or start another useless thread, do your homework first. Read the docs, especially the sections that we already have refered to, e.g. the known issues section. Using Coppermine (that can handle access rights pretty tightly) and additionally using password protection on webserver level is overkill. As suggested, the flash driven upload doesn't work with it. You can still use the single file http upload or FTP upload plus batch-add or XP Publisher. Story ends here: we don't need your wannabe bug report, as it is invalid - you haven't read the docs that explain how a valid bug report must look like and you have ignored the known issues section. You have not searched the board. You have made every possible mistake one could make. Now please stop behaving difficult, OK?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:00:43 am by Joachim Müller »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.