Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on viewing multiple images on a single page  (Read 3162 times)

CadZilla

• Coppermine newbie
Question on viewing multiple images on a single page
« on: June 06, 2010, 07:38:50 pm »

You all have come up with a great program with a load of options and it looks just wonderful!

I’ve been asked by a neighbor (who is under the mistaken impression I actually know how to do this!) if I can come up with a site to display pictures and short videos.  This will be used by a group they are forming consisting of children and (their parents) who have a range (mild to severe – the children, not the parents) of disabilities so part of the site will need to be quite simple in some respects but allow for different options.  Your application might be the perfect solution!

I’ve been reading your documents and searching the forum and it seems all of your pages are generated dynamically which works quite well in some respects for this application but I’m having trouble figuring one issue.

First and foremost I need a static url that will take a visitor directly to a page (or worst case a home page with a prominent link) that will display ALL images in a folder (in their intermediate size).  We would like to be able to specify the number of images per page, sort them by date (most recent first) is this possible?

For example you have a folder with 50 (or 500) images, you publish some url like www.mysite.com/Coppermine/Album1.shtml and Coppermine generates a page that displays the 5 most recent images and displays a button(s) for the next/previous page of images?

Obviously the site will eventually have other content for the more able users and your integration with a bulletin board should take care of most of that.

Their idea is that each day teachers and parents (and possibly the kids themselves) will take a few pictures of their kids at school, home, outings, social events etc and someone with the appropriate skills will upload them to the site and the kids can, with a click or two, see the pictures.

I’ve been going though the docs (some of the best I’ve seen especially for an open source project!) and tried some searches but I just don’t seem resolve this issue.  With all the options the Coppermine group has supplied I really suspect (hope) this is possible and I’m just overlooking the answer!

I greatly appreciate the time you have spent reading this post and any answers, hints or links to the relevant part of the documentation!

Sorry for this long ramble and my apologies for not posting a link – they are VERY early in the planning stages haven’t even decided on a name yet or engaged a host for this potential site.

BTW – I know a bit of HTML, less CSS but can probably get this working BUT I certainly don’t have the skills necessary to do any Javascript, PHP or other coding myself so that option is out!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Question on viewing multiple images on a single page
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 08:05:15 pm »

If you want to have those images displayed on a different page than the gallery then there is a neat little program called cpmfetch that will do the trick. It won't display videos afaik but you can generate a lits of last uploaded images.

If you want to just show the last uploaded pics on a coppermine driven page then you can use the lastup option as per the docs. I cannot post links right now as I am on a slightly knackered machine but do a search for the above and you will find it.

Please post a link to your coppermine driven gallery with avery new support request as per the board rules.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Question on viewing multiple images on a single page
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 12:05:19 pm »

You are searching for meta albums. As Phil already suggested, there's the 'lastup' meta album (and many more). If you need more/custom meta albums, you can add them with the help of a plugin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.