Support > cpg1.5 upgrading

[Closed]: Upgrade results in "fatal error:" message, unchanged db tables

(1/5) > >>

rpkemp:
Hi. I set up a gallery a week or so ago using version 1.4.27. I decided to try and upgrade to 1.5.6 this morning.

I downloaded the latest zip package to my server and followed the instructions here:

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm

i.e., copied all files & directories from the unzipped cpg15x/ directory into the root directory of my gallery. I retained the existing anycontent.php file. I disabled the one plugin I had installed.

I then ran update.php, and seemed to receive a healthy report - the only unresolved issues reported were those various files that the script had been unable to delete.

However, trying to load the versioncheck.php file or go to the gallery home page resulted in a terse message that just read:

fatal error:

with no further explanation.

I was able to restore the gallery to normal operation just by restoring a backed up version of the root directory. If I understand things correctly, this should not be possible because the update.php script should have renamed my database tables. I checked, and the tables had not been renamed.

The gallery, running in its unupdated state, is here:

http://copwick.net/gallery

Thanks in advance.

Rob

phill104:
Obviously something went wrong. Did you see the new update page or was it the old style one? If you have just restored then I doubt it could be the new script that ran.

As you have a backup already I suggest you try the following (make sure you have a backup of your database and files and that the backup is good first.)

Delete all the coppermine files except for your albums folder, include/config.inc.php and your anycontent.php

Upload the 1.5.6 files

Run update.php

rpkemp:

--- Quote from: Phill Luckhurst on June 06, 2010, 08:32:45 pm ---Obviously something went wrong. Did you see the new update page or was it the old style one? If you have just restored then I doubt it could be the new script that ran.

--- End quote ---

Not sure - I'm attaching a pdf of the output that I got from following the procedure you suggest below. Everything looked the same both times.

--- Quote ---As you have a backup already I suggest you try the following (make sure you have a backup of your database and files and that the backup is good first.)

Delete all the coppermine files except for your albums folder, include/config.inc.php and your anycontent.php

Upload the 1.5.6 files

Run update.php

--- End quote ---

Yes, did all that, and I still get the same result. I'm still able to revert to the previous state by just renaming the gallery and backup directories to what they were before, so there are still no changes being made to the database, presumably.

I should imagine the most likely explanation is some authentication failure in addressing the database - but shouldn't that produce some kind of more verbose error message?

Joachim Müller:
The output on the attachment you posted comes from the update file that used to come with cpg1.4.x. It definitely is not from cpg1.5.x and therefore won't do what it is supposed to do. Once again: get cpg1.5.6, upgrade as suggested in the docs (replacing ALL files on your server with the ones from the package except anycontent). Make sure that your FTP app is set up to replace existing files.

rpkemp:

--- Quote from: Joachim Müller on June 07, 2010, 08:37:56 am ---The output on the attachment you posted comes from the update file that used to come with cpg1.4.x. It definitely is not from cpg1.5.x and therefore won't do what it is supposed to do. Once again: get cpg1.5.6, upgrade as suggested in the docs (replacing ALL files on your server with the ones from the package except anycontent). Make sure that your FTP app is set up to replace existing files.

--- End quote ---

I did that. The files and directories in the gallery root directory were undoubtedly the files extracted from the cpg1.5.6.zip file. However, following the suggestion made by Phill Luckhurst I copied over include/config.inc.php from my existing gallery. This file includes the line

$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =                'cpg14x_';

which may have something to do with the issue?

So I repeated the exercise without copying over config.inc.php. The update script then fails stating that Coppermine is not installed properly and redirects to the installation page. This can't be right ... ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version