Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.4.27 Malware Threat according to Google / Google Chrome  (Read 4227 times)

mearnscc

• Coppermine novice
1.4.27 Malware Threat according to Google / Google Chrome
« on: June 05, 2010, 02:19:07 pm »

Hi my colleague and I upgraded on Tuesday past from 1.4.19 to 1.4.27 ( I am sure 1.5.4 was not stable last week?) and everything seemed ok afterwards. However a day or two later I was informed that the Gallery site was showing an infection. On visiting myself today from Google Chrome I get the following error "Visting this website may harm your computer. The website at www.mearnscameraclub.co.uk contains elements from the site trafficsakti.infoprodukbisnis.com which appears to host malware." This error message is driven by Google.

Now I have visited the page with IE8 and there does not appear to be a problem. I run AVG Internet Security on my pc which interfaces with IE8 and it cannot detect a problem with the page. I have also run a scan on the unpacked upgrade pack and AVG does not detect a problem but I am not sure if AVG is capable of reading any threats contained within code.

Lastly I am getting an error 403 Forbidden on my main website domain and have never had this problem before. I will be checking with my hosting Co to see if they are able to ascertain that problem but I am concerned that it is linked to the Gallery sub-page.

To be clear I have not had any issues with 1.4.19 either with Malware alerts or with Error 403 prior to the upgrade to 1.4.27. This is the only change to my website in the last week. I would appreciate any help in ascertaining if the Malware threat is real (cannot see any reference to it in other posts as I searched prior to posting) and if it is real suggestions on how to remove it. The 1.4.27 upgrade pack was downloaded directly from the link on the upgrade page.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Gallery Website Link: http://www.mearnscameraclub.co.uk/copper/index.php

Main Website: http://www.mearnscameraclub.co.uk

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: 1.4.27 Malware Threat according to Google / Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 03:04:44 pm »

What has probably happened is you were infected before the upgrade. Your reluctance to upgrade may have let something in and even though you have upgraded there is still stuff left behind.

Read through the following thread and do everything outlined therin - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51927.0.html

Or, restore from you backup then check through the files as above.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

mearnscc

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 03:24:26 pm »

Many thanks Phill we had thought about going back tot he back up, but we will review the thread suggested.

Many thanks again,

Brian.

mearnscc

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 05:16:11 pm »

Phill,

I was about to compare local and remote websites and did not need to go far. For some reason I only had a temporary index file as the front page of my site, a .in.index.html file on deleting this and publishing my backup index page got me into my main website page. Thats that problem sorted.

I am still getting a Malware issue when I try to go to the Coppermine front page directly via a shortcut and not through the site links. I'll work on it. My Hosting Company is also going to run a scan for me.

Cheers

Brian.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 05:44:52 pm »

Let's hope your hosting company do a good job.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.