Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Removed vote count... how to put back?  (Read 7362 times)

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
  • If you build it, they will come.
    • Muc cel Mic - Magazin pentru pitic
[Closed]: Removed vote count... how to put back?
« on: June 03, 2010, 02:05:19 pm »

Hi. I have Coppermine 1.4.20 and a while ago I removed the vote count, I still have the rating but not the number of votes. I can't remeber how I did that and I can't find the answer on the forums.
So, what code should I put where? :))

http://www.infobebe.ro/galerie/

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 08:59:36 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Removed vote count... how to put back?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 02:16:59 pm »

Hi. I have Coppermine 1.4.20
That's not an option. Upgrade! We're not providing support for people who deliberately run an outdated and thus vulnerable gallery. I think you have been told so before.

and a while ago I removed the vote count, I still have the rating but not the number of votes. I can't remeber how I did that and I can't find the answer on the forums.
Then use a diff viewer like winmerge to figure out - just compare your code with the code of a vanilla package to find out about the changes.

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 02:22:58 pm »

I'm definitely going to update! It's just that I'm in a middle of a problem with a contest and I need to solve this first...
Yes, I was trying to compare files but I can't find the file with the code for vote count. I thought it was thumbnails.php but it's not.
Could you tell me what file would that be? Thank you.

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 02:33:56 pm »

In lang/mylanguage.php I deleted something and now put it back:

'n_votes' => '(%s vot(uri) )',
'rating' => '(Cotarea curenta este de : %s / 5 cu un numar de %s vot(uri)',

But it seems not enough, still the vote count doesn't show up in my gallery. What could I have done back then??? :) I have no memory

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 02:46:31 pm »

OK, this seems to have solved the problem afterall... BUT only in toprated. Shouldn't the vote count show in thumbnail.php show when viewing an album, under number of views?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 03:21:11 pm »

Joachim was very clear telling you what to start with......

Upgrade! We're not providing support for people who deliberately run an outdated and thus vulnerable gallery.

Until you upgrade to version 1.4.27 you will only be wasting your time by continuing to ask for assistance.

Spend your time upgrading. Then return with your requests.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 03:27:15 pm »

Updating should only take 10 minutes. We have had a lot of experience of updates fixing things. We've also seen a lot of sites hacked because people don't upgrade. We may sound pushy but it really is for your benefit.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 03:38:07 pm »

Right, Sirs! :)) But before upgrading one question (in order to do it safely). Could it affect my bridging with phpbb3 or using cpmfetch or the integration to wordpress? I've managed to merge the three together and I'm afraid not to ruin something :)

onthepike

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 05:39:47 pm »

You spent an hour and a half between posts trying to fix something in a language file that most probably would have been instantly repaired to default and working order had you listened to those who insisted you perform an update, and had done so, rather than taking your "agree and ignore" approach which doesn't help anyone.

Your next step is to upgrade to version 1.4.27 and report back that you have successfully done so. Anything less will most probably result in an admin locking this thread and closing this topic.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 09:34:21 pm »

Yes, it could affect some of those things. It all depends on how you have accomplished the above. Did you modify any core files? I'm guessing you did with the PHPbb3 bridge but that should be simple to re-apply. CPM fetch should be fine. You integration to wordpress looks like it is just a theme so as long as your theme has a unique name (ie. not named the same as one of the core files) then that should not be affected.

Before any upgrade such as this you should always backup your files and database anyway. If you do that and something goes very wrong you can simply restore from you backup.

This thread is now a prime example of why we have a one question per thread rule. It is currently very hard to follow multiple issues and is even harder for someone using the search facility to find answers to their own, similar problems. If your upgrade encounters problems please start a new thread in the relavent section for that and we will try to help. We are aware that upgrading can be a worry for those not used to doing it but if you backup first  and follow the docs little can go wrong. If you do apply any custom modifications please always make notes so at upgrade time you know how to re-apply them.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 10:14:26 pm »

Thank you so much. I must say that this is the only board that I saw with very strict rules that are respected, at least by those who know what they are doing here. I have to say I wasn't ignoring the advice about upgrading, but some people have 2 kids... a house, a job and so on and can't start doing things right away. I'm grateful to those who enligtened me - I see you offer real help here and as soon as I'll upgrade in the morning, IF the problem persist or if it's solved I'll come back to this topic to either ask for more help or mark it as solved.

Thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 08:58:26 am »

Yadda yadda. You have been told about the need to upgrade in previous threads and we heard the same lame story there as well. We all have lives, kids, gardens, jobs and everyone of us has got one or more websites to care for.
onthepike hit the nail on the head with his last reply: you're wasting everybody's time with your "yes, but"-posting. I have had enough of this. Don't bother to return here unless you have upgraded. Locking.

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
Re: [Closed]: Removed vote count... how to put back?
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 02:57:49 pm »

Hi, I see you're tough! :) I've upgraded, ofcourse. Could I ask for a solution for adding the number of votes in thumbnails.php? Thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Closed]: Removed vote count... how to put back?
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 08:24:32 am »

I already told you:
Then use a diff viewer like winmerge to figure out - just compare your code with the code of a vanilla package to find out about the changes.
If you have performed the upgrade as suggested per docs, all your files should be back to default except your custom theme. Take a look at your site using another theme (e.g. by going to http://www.infobebe.ro/galerie/?theme=classic). If things are expected there, you need to modify your theme.

Joachim

P.S. I'm personally not very fond of galleries that show children, simply because I'm afraid that child molesters will scan the images (this used to be the case in one of the galleries I'm operating, that's why I no longer publish photos that show kids publicly).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.