Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Captcha Image showing Red X  (Read 3918 times)

jmcnyc

• Coppermine newbie
Captcha Image showing Red X
« on: July 10, 2010, 05:36:41 am »

I installed 1.5.6 and found the captcha was showing red x's in place of the image.  I found that when I removed previous Captcha plugins by deleting the old captcha and recaptcha folders in plugins - the images appeared.  Hopefully this will help others.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Captcha Image showing Red X
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 07:00:04 am »

Thanks for your readiness to share your wisdom with others. However:
  • your issue is related to upgrading and not to fresh installs, that's why you shouldn't have posted this on the install board. Moving accordingly.
  • It's mandatory to post a link to your gallery in each and every thread you post in as per board rules, which you agreed to respect when signing up. They show as well when composing a posting
  • The upgrade instructions clearly say that you need to overwrite all files existing on your server with the fresh files from the package. The upgrade instructions clearly say that you need to disable outdated plugins. If you would have done so, you wouldn't have had the issues you had. Therefore, your report is a bit invalid, as it basically says: if you don't do as suggested in the docs, you'll have issues that can be corrected as well afterwards (after noticing that something is wrong) by doing as suggested in the docs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.