Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Blank emails on registration  (Read 23429 times)

toolbox

• Coppermine newbie
Blank emails on registration
« on: May 31, 2010, 03:38:22 pm »

Using CPG 1.5.3 RC

When new user signs up admin gets blank email and user gets no activation email.

Have tried smtp and inbuilt, both work for contact form.

I don't know how to solve this problem.

Just done a test install with 1.4.x and it works perfectly.

http://www.wvagc.org.uk/cpg3
loginin and password is test

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Blank emails on registration
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:36:02 pm »

I never recognized that problems on my 1.5.x gallery. Can you please perform an svn checkout and try again?

toolbox

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 01:00:05 pm »

Hope this is what you wanted.
Have also done a fresh install on a new database a still get the same problems.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 01:28:07 pm »

No. Please upgrade your gallery (or install a second test gallery) using that package.

toolbox

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 04:55:16 pm »

Have started fresh with the package in your link fresh database and still blank emails as before.

GerX

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 11:55:56 am »

I have the same problem. Yesterday I made a fresh installation. the registrar receives no email.
But: when the registrar tryed to login and ask for his regsitration, he becomes a mail and can activate his registration. Without permission of the administrator.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 12:49:43 pm »

Still works as expected for me. I don't have the possibilities to test different mail server setups, so I cannot help you with this issue.

Dankriss

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Nikmania
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 05:23:05 pm »

Glad it is not just me....when I put up the site on Monday I had someone register and I got the email for activation fine no probs now all I am getting are blank emails...really weird as I have not touched any configs since Monday.... ???

Any ideas on where I should look?  Looked at my email server and everything is fine.

Kriss  :)

Good with HTML and CSS but no good with script... so please bear with me.. :)

Dankriss

• Nikmania
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 05:51:29 pm »

Oops forgot to say I am using 1.5.6 stable and my site address is...

http://www.michaelshanks.me.uk/index.php

cyberdyne2

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 12:31:35 pm »

I am not receiving any emails at all, either to admin or to new users.
I have asked my host support to ensure I have the correct smtp settings and they have confirmed them.

Still, no emails arrive.
v.1.5.6
v.1.5.22

cyberdyne2

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 08:40:31 pm »

Just trying to help:

I installed a fresh copy of v1.5.6 today with a new database - (no old data).

Upon new user registration, the Admin account does receive an email but, as above, the email has no body content (or subject).

Upon activating the new user account via Config / Users, the new registrant receives no confirmation email.
v.1.5.22

cyberdyne2

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 11:26:35 am »

v.1.5.6
www.londonallstars.co.uk/cmine/

Further to the above, I have also noticed that:

• The contact form works fine using either SMTP and/or sendmail.
  • Registration emails arrive at the registrants address but Admin notification of new registrations arrives with blank subject and blank body.
  • Admin email address ('Config/General Settings/Gallery administrator email') had not been copied automatically to my Admin profile in the SQL database druing setup. I had to enter MyPHPAdmin and enter it manually. (This could, I guess, be entered manually via Admins profile too). This is why no email was being received by Admin. The mailer.ini.php looks for "WHERE user_group = 1" but 'user_group = 1' has no email address configured automatically.
  • When 'Config/Registration/Admin activation of registrations' is checked, Admin notification arrives (with blank subject and body) but registrant email does not.

:-\
Hope this helps.
[/list]
v.1.5.22

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 12:24:14 pm »

Registration emails arrive at the registrants address but Admin notification of new registrations arrives with blank subject and blank body.
Tested with both SMTP / sendmail settings?

Admin email address ('Config/General Settings/Gallery administrator email') had not been copied automatically to my Admin profile in the SQL database druing setup.
Do you use the classic installer or the new step by step installer? Works for me with both installers.

The mailer.ini.php looks for "WHERE user_group = 1" but 'user_group = 1' has no email address configured automatically.
This selects the email addresses of all admins (they are in user group 1). The group itself doesn't have an email address.

When 'Config/Registration/Admin activation of registrations' is checked, Admin notification arrives (with blank subject and body) but registrant email does not.
We discussed that some time ago. If registration needs admin activation, the user don't get an email as far as I remember. This should be changed, but is currently the way how it works. I hope this hasn't been changed in the meantime and I'm talking no bullshit :P Please correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:29:29 pm by Αndré »

cyberdyne2

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 12:41:00 pm »

Tested with both SMTP / sendmail settings?
Yes, both SMTP and sendmail settings result in blank subject AND body of new registration Admin notification.

I'll check that. Do you use the classic installer or the new step by step installer?
This particular installation was an upgrade from v1.4x, so that may have made a difference. I just checked a new installation and there IS an email address present.

This selects the email addresses of all admins (they are in user group 1). The group itself doesn't have an email address.
Understood. The one Admin profile in my case had no email address present but I refer to the above reply.

We discussed that some time ago. If registration needs admin activation, the user don't get an email as far as I remember. This should be changed, but is currently the way how it works. I hope this hasn't been changed in the meantime and I'm talking no bullshit :P Please correct me if I'm wrong.
OK. Although if the new registrant isn't supposed to receive an email - which is understandable - will they receive an email once their account is made 'Active' by Admin? Or it is possible they may forget about their account and never use it.

Thanks for your reply.

v.1.5.22

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 12:44:26 pm »

will they receive an email once their account is made 'Active' by Admin?
That's what I meant. Should be changed imo (if not already done). I'm currently short of time, so I cannot check in my gallery if there will be already sent an email after account activation or not.

cyberdyne2

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 12:55:30 pm »

That's what I meant. Should be changed imo (if not already done). I'm currently short of time, so I cannot check in my gallery if there will be already sent an email after account activation or not.

OK, tested for you.
  • When 'Admin activation of registrations' is checked, the notification email DOES arrive at the Admin address BUT, both the subject and body are blank (both SMTP and sendmail).
  • When Admin activates new registrations manually via 'Config/Users', NO notification email arrives at the new users email address (both SMTP and sendmail).

v.1.5.22

chris_n

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 01:41:47 pm »

When 'Admin activation of registrations' is checked, the notification email DOES arrive at the Admin address BUT, both the subject and body are blank (both SMTP and sendmail).

Found out that the variable "$lang_register_approve_email" is not included in the "english_gb.php" and "dutch.php" languages files. Problably also missing in other languages files.

This causes a blank body of the admin approval mail.

Hope this helps.

Dankriss

• Nikmania
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 02:22:50 pm »

I just checked mine and the variable is there...at least I hope this is the one you mean?

$lang_register_approve_email = <<< EOT
A new user with the username "{USER_NAME}" has registered in your gallery.
In order to activate the account, you need to click on the link below or copy and paste it in your web browser.

<a href="{ACT_LINK}">{ACT_LINK}</a>

EOT;

cyberdyne2

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 02:25:07 pm »

I checked mine. Those values were indeed missing, but I do not think this s the cause of the issue as I added the following and I still have the same isses, nothing has changed.

Code: [Select]
$lang_register_php['confirm_email'] = <<< EOT
Thank you for registering at {SITE_NAME}

In order to activate your account with username "{USER_NAME}", you need to click on the link below or copy and paste it in your web browser.

Regards,

The management of {SITE_NAME}

EOT;

$lang_register_approve_email = <<< EOT
A new user with the username "{USER_NAME}" has registered in your gallery.
In order to activate the account, you need to click on the link below or copy and paste it in your web browser.

EOT;

$lang_register_php['activated_email'] = <<< EOT
Your account has been approved and activated.

You can now log in at <a href="{SITE_LINK}">{SITE_LINK}</a> using the username "{USER_NAME}"

Regards,

The management of {SITE_NAME}

EOT;
}
v.1.5.22

chris_n

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 02:50:58 pm »

I didn't have a empty subject only an empty body, this was fixed after indeed adding "$lang_register_approve_email" to the "dutch.php" language file.

I see  "$lang_register_php['notify_admin_request_email_subject']" is also missing in the "english_gb.php" probably this still causes your problem?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.