Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Can't upload pictures  (Read 5212 times)

petervisser

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Can't upload pictures
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:55:02 am »

Hello,

I try to upload my pictures but when I'm upload them with FTP and try to import them coppernic says that "No Subdirectory" excist, but I'm sure I do have a subdirectory where I upload my files. Can you please help me where I go wrong ?

Peter Visser

http://www.as80-bsite.nl/test/cpg14x/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:26:42 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can't upload pictures
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 09:38:56 am »

Then post the full URL (deep link) of one of the pics you added. The name of the app is "Coppermine" btw. and not "Copernic". Additionally, do exactly as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_support
To me it seems as if you have changed the name of the albums folder from "albums" to "albumsAS80". Subsequently, all your images are broken

petervisser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 10:58:01 pm »

Hi,

no I did not change the directoryname, but he just don't see my subdirectories.

Coppermine says "/C:\domains\as80-bsite.nl\wwwroot\test\cpg14x\albums/" and then that there are no subdirectories. The strange thing is the slash after albums, its the wrong way I think, maybe thats why he cant see the subdirectories below.

One picture is by example "/wwwroot/test/cpg14x/albums/AS/amstelland/IMG_7160_DxO_raw.jpg"

Hope somebody can help me ?

Peter

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 01:15:38 pm »

We can't recommend nor support self-hosting. What we can recommend though is the documentation: we have put a lot of effort into it. One of the things we cover in the docs is the fact that the browsable batch-add interface for cpg1.4.x doesn't work on Windows-driven servers. This is being discussed in the "known issues" section and has been discussed here as well. The solution is to use the classic interface or use a real server operating system that is suitable for webhosting purposes.
As you haven't done as I suggested (you haven't posted the deep link nor did you do as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues"), there's little advice I could give.

mistress_triple

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:15:18 am »

We can't recommend nor support self-hosting. What we can recommend though is the documentation: we have put a lot of effort into it. One of the things we cover in the docs is the fact that the browsable batch-add interface for cpg1.4.x doesn't work on Windows-driven servers. This is being discussed in the "known issues" section and has been discussed here as well. The solution is to use the classic interface or use a real server operating system that is suitable for webhosting purposes.
As you haven't done as I suggested (you haven't posted the deep link nor did you do as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues"), there's little advice I could give.

According to you post I'm "screwed".
I have windows server 2008 (and I admit it's my fault for not reading "known issues" here before buying server but I can't find them) and in coppermine config page I first selected browsable batch-add interface and I got error that I have no folders in album folder. After reading some posts here I choose no at browsable batch-add interface and now I got error that "Maximum execution time of 30".
When I was on different web host I never had this problems. I guess they weren't using windows server. Now that I have my own server I have problems. Is this possible to fix or I need to change server to non windows server?
Thank you for the answer

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 10:26:13 am »

I have windows server 2008 (and I admit it's my fault for not reading "known issues" here before buying server but I can't find them)
Well, you should have looked harder then:
Anyway, you should have read and respected board rules first:
Locking. Start a thread of your own, doing as suggested by board rules. As you have upload issues, you should as well read the docs that correspond to your coppermine version, section "asking for support on upload issues".

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.