Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spanish lang  (Read 48696 times)

jmatute

• Translator
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Spanish lang
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2010, 12:07:09 am »

BTW:

I don't know if you're aware of the two different 'you' that spanish language has: 'usted' (very formal, somehow being abandoned, exceptional among computer users) and 'tu' (used to be informal but gaining acceptance if you show respect, rare in formal docs, almost always used in computer-related issues).

I'm assuming that the respectful-but-not-so-formal approach is fine for the documentation. Somehow using 'usted' makes this help files (like the ones from 1.4.x) cold and distant.

I hope it's OK. But I'm open to hear other opinions.

Regards,

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2010, 07:08:12 am »

Thanks again. Your changes went into rev 7534 except your edit of script.js that I had to drop: you haven't based your translation on the file script.js from the svn repository, but the one based on your contribution from Wednesday. You have to take into account that I have performed several edits to the files you contributed, which would be lost if I just replaced the files in the svn repository with your files. The edit I had performed against script.js before committing it to the subversion repository was too drastical to merge the changes back in using a diff viewer. Please re-apply your edits to the file scripts.js that can be found in the subversion repository and re-attach your changed file. Please do always check out the subversion repository before editing your files. Sorry for the added work.

Joachim

jmatute

• Translator
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2010, 10:04:10 am »

you haven't based your translation on the file script.js from the svn repository, but the one based on your contribution from Wednesday.

You are right - it's the one I use locally and easier for me to work on.

The edit I had performed against script.js ... was too drastical to merge the changes back

I've downloaded it, and I can see your modified it much more than I did. I use tools that 'checkout for edit', locking the file, so this issue doesn't occurs in my job.

Please re-apply your edits to the file scripts.js that can be found in the subversion repository and re-attach your changed file.

Done - and some new ones.

Please do always check out the subversion repository before editing your files. Sorry for the added work.

So I will remember (or at least will try) - even for the documentation files at the very moment I begin working on them. And modifications weren't that big.

BTW: I've seen some anchor points in the documentation files that aren't linked to from this script but similar paragraps/sections have an entry in it (for instance, First run in the upgrading.htm file. Suppose it's all right, isn't it?. Or should I report them?

[Edit] Sorry I forgor the attach.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:09:24 am by jmatute »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2010, 08:12:17 am »

Thanks again for your contribution. Well done on re-editing scripts.js. I have added it to the repository, revision 7535.
Please go ahead and report missing anchors in a separate thread. You're welcome as well to come up with a fixed version of docs/en/script.js that contains the missing anchors if you want.

jmatute

• Translator
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2010, 11:36:17 pm »

Hi,

Please find attached some files:

docs/en/script.js - based on rev. 7515 or so I believe: 3 new links to install.htm; zip renamed to script_en.zip
lang/spanish.zip - based on rev. 7527
docs/en/script.js - based on rev. 7535
docs/en/upgrading.htm - based on rev. 7495; not yet finished

I don't know if someone had these ideas (related to translation) before:
- Modify scritp.js so there's a language file properly defined, and a fallback method.
- Link / embed script.js to toc.htm so translators doesn't work twice

I'm focused on the translation, so I won't try anythig about them for several weeks (being optimistic; months, being realistic).

and last but nost least: is there any trick to know which are the differences between a file and the one I used as a base? Think about upgrading.htm, for instance: I can't compare the spanish version and the english one, since translation is a difference by itself, but knowing which paragraphs have been added/modified would be an advance.

Regards,

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 08:08:26 am »

Please find attached some files
Thanks for the update - changes went into rev 7541

3 new links to install.htm; zip renamed to script_en.zip
Hm, I'm not really sure why you attach so many files and go through such a huge effort to explain the file structure. Take a look at the zip archive I have attached: it contains exactly the same files you have added, but only within one archive. Looking at the archive you can see the structure pretty easily.

However: the file script.zip is broken for me (file size is zero) - I wasn't able to extract it's contents. Please re-attach!

I don't know if someone had these ideas (related to translation) before:
- Modify scritp.js so there's a language file properly defined, and a fallback method.
The file is already too big, consuming too many resources on older clients. Adding even more to it is not an option imo.
- Link / embed script.js to toc.htm so translators doesn't work twice
Not an option: search engine spiders will not take JS into account. The toc.htm file is the save fallback if JavaScript is not available for whatever reason. You don't have to update it frequently, but only before the actual release, using the output generated in your browser. If you don't know what I mean, don't worry: I'll take care of that.

and last but nost least: is there any trick to know which are the differences between a file and the one I used as a base? Think about upgrading.htm, for instance: I can't compare the spanish version and the english one, since translation is a difference by itself, but knowing which paragraphs have been added/modified would be an advance.
Use a diff viewer like WinMerge to figure out differences between files on your client. Use the diff viewer built-into the web svn to figure out differences between revisions (example link). Alternatively, use the diff viewer built into your local svn app (assuming that you are using TortoiseSVN or a similar graphical client).

jmatute

• Translator
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2010, 09:50:42 am »

Thanks for the update - changes went into rev 7541
You're welcome.

Hm, I'm not really sure why you attach so many files and go through such a huge effort to explain the file structure. Take a look at the zip archive I have attached: it contains exactly the same files you have added, but only within one archive. Looking at the archive you can see the structure pretty easily.
You're right - I agree that the file structure is much clearer, but it seems not so easy/fast for me to create it (specially here at work) if files are in several directories, using the tools I have.

Anyway, if this is an issue, tell me so and I'll manage.

However: the file script.zip is broken for me (file size is zero) - I wasn't able to extract it's contents. Please re-attach!
Sorry! Don't know what happened. Here it is.

The file is already too big, consuming too many resources on older clients. Adding even more to it is not an option imo.

About time to render, I can confirm: we use IE6 here (don't ask nor laugh, please), and it takes more than 30s to display.

Here at work we had a 1Mb HTML file (nearly all the code was a JS script) that created nested tables up to 8 levels deep on the fly and took nearly 1 min. to render. But after creating just the 1st level, and populating only the nested table rows and cells the user clicked on,  it takes less than 1sec. I'll try to figure out if that idea can help here.

The toc.htm file is the save fallback if JavaScript is not available for whatever reason. You don't have to update it frequently, but only before the actual release, using the output generated in your browser. If you don't know what I mean, don't worry: I'll take care of that.

That sounded easy. I'm attaching toc.htm too. Hope that was the idea.

Use a diff viewer like WinMerge to figure out differences between files on your client. Use the diff viewer built-into the web svn to figure out differences between revisions (example link). Alternatively, use the diff viewer built into your local svn app (assuming that you are using TortoiseSVN or a similar graphical client).

Hmmm... No, I don't use that tools. Here we use UltraEdit (has a quite good diff viewer plugin), and I've just installed notepad++ at home (used to work with an old Ultraedit version). I'll try to manage with the svn diff viewer.

Regards,

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2010, 10:37:17 am »

Thanks again - went into rev 7544

jmatute

• Translator
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2010, 11:50:48 pm »

Hi,

Upgrading.htm is finished. During the translation script.js (for spanish) and spanish.php were also modified. I didn't work on toc.htm  - I'd rather not work several times on it.

Regards,

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2010, 07:28:41 am »

Well done again, thanks. Changes went into rev 7550.

I didn't work on toc.htm  - I'd rather not work several times on it.
That's perfectly OK. What I wanted to say above: you don't have to edit that file each time, but only before a release (i.e. once in a while) - that's fine. The file docs/en/toc.htm lags behind docs/en/script.js as well.

jmatute

• Translator
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2010, 07:10:46 am »

Hi,

I began working on configuration.htm, and found some typos in the language file.

Regards,

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2010, 08:17:18 am »

Thanks, changes went into rev 7565
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.