Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Downloads: Website not safe ?  (Read 6467 times)

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
[Invalid]: Downloads: Website not safe ?
« on: May 23, 2010, 12:17:47 pm »

Couldn't post this in the General forums for some reason.

But when I go to Downloads and try and download a copy of Coppermine 1.5.3RC or 1.4.26 I get a Norton Website unsafe warning. as below.

ignum.dl.sourceforge.net

Summary
•Computer Threats:  1
•Identity Threats:  0
•Annoyance factors:   0  

Total threats on this site:  1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Threat Report
Total threats found: 1

Viruses (what's this?)
Threats found: 1
Here is a complete list:

Threat Name:  Trojan Horse  
Location:  http://ignum.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ophcrack/ophcrack/3.3.1/ophcrack-win32-installer-3.3.1.exe

Is this just Norton being over cautious, or is there a problem with their site or you're download?  This only seems to happen when downloading Coppermine, and seems fine when downloading theme's, plugins etc.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:05:04 pm by Joachim Müller »
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: Downloads: Website not safe ?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 12:26:01 pm »

not sure i have understant what you mean, but are you dowloading coppermine from ignum.dl.sourceforge.net ?
Official dowload link is in the navigation on the top of this page
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 12:30:15 pm »

not sure i have understant what you mean, but are you dowloading coppermine from ignum.dl.sourceforge.net ?
Official dowload link is in the navigation on the top of this page

François,  I'm using the download link from the menu, very top of this page.

Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 01:46:08 pm »

Threat Name:  Trojan Horse 
Location:  http://ignum.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ophcrack/ophcrack/3.3.1/ophcrack-win32-installer-3.3.1.exe

Ophcrack isn't related to Coppermine. I think that you should report this issue to SourceForge.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 03:00:06 pm »

Ophcrack isn't related to Coppermine. I think that you should report this issue to SourceForge.

papukaija, I can see what you're saying, but from my point of view it is related as it only happens when I try to download Coppermine from coppermine-gallery.net's download link.  SourceForge is their host not mine so to speak, and as I don't use that site for anything else I'd rather not have to sign up just to report a problem.

After all it might not be anything to worry about, I thought I'd mention it as it came up on both my PC's.

That said, if that's what the team ask me to do I will. ;)

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 01:24:47 pm »

SourceForge is their host not mine so to speak, and as I don't use that site for anything else I'd rather not have to sign up just to report a problem.
They provide email support too. I can't report this issue since I'm usinig Linux and therefore don't get a security warning. Sourceforge is a big and popular site so they might already have noticed and fixed this issue.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 05:04:47 pm »

Couldn't post this in the General forums for some reason.
Reason is quite clear and is stated in the board description of the very board you tried to post in. Always read before complaining. We don't want you to post on that board, that's why you can't.

I think that you should report this issue to SourceForge.
Don't molest sf.net with nonsensical reports generated by the worst anti virus software on the market.

Instead: don't use Norton Internet Security. Norton sucks: they add sf.net mirrors to their database of potentially dangerous websites because they provide applications that are hosted on sf.net just as well as we host our files at sf.net.
The fact that this bad piece of software (Norton) tries to "protect" you from OPHCrack is silly in the first place. However, none of our business and no reason for us to get alarmed if people use such a bad software as Norton's pseudo-security-products.

Sourceforge is a big and popular site so they might already have noticed and fixed this issue.
They can't fix things that they haven't broken. It's Norton that is making the mistake, not sf.net

That's none of our business anyway: if people use bad apps like Norton's Pseudo-Security crap and that silly app keeps them from downloading our software, that's imo no reason to be alarmed. The "error messages" you got should be pretty self-explanatory.

Marking thread accordingly and locking it to make sure that this doesn't get a flame thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.