Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload Glitch?  (Read 8107 times)

PvtPulse

• Coppermine regular visitor
Upload Glitch?
« on: May 19, 2010, 04:05:35 am »

I'm not sure if this is a problem or not. I am still not able to batch upload on one of my domains. I have tried what is stated in:

http://beyonceknowlesonline.com/photos/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble
http://beyonceknowlesonline.com/photos/docs/index.htm#upload_support

I didnt have a problem with single file upload, IE:
http://beyonceknowlesonline.com/photos/displayimage.php?pos=-39

But when I try to batch from my video cap folder:
http://beyonceknowlesonline.com/photos/searchnew.php?startdir=caps/beyonce/atlast

It just returns to:
http://beyonceknowlesonline.com/photos/searchnew.php?insert=1

without an error message, failed message, timeout message or anything. Has anyone had this problem? Am I missing any steps on requesting help?

ACCOUNT: Tester/Tester

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Upload Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:17:44 am »

You haven't done as suggested in the docs. The test user account doesn't even have upload privileges... ::)

To me it seems as if you have successfully batch-added files from the folder http://beyonceknowlesonline.com/photos/albums/caps/beyonce/atlast/, as that folder contains thumbnail files as well. Storing 600 files (plus 600 thumbs) may be too much though, try less files in a folder. Try all-lowercase file names. Stop shouting "bug" or "glitch" if you have no idea what you're doing.

PvtPulse

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 08:28:37 am »

Ok, I think I have given them the upload rights correctly. The thumbs are there because they are custom made thumbs, the files themselves havent been added yet. As for the 600 being to much, I just cant see how that is possible, because on other sites I have added over 1000 at one time. I also tried renaming the first file with all lowercase, and same problem.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:40:06 am »

You have turned on admin approval, so I can't tell anything. I'm not ready to beg to be allowed to support. I'm out of this thread. Bye.

PvtPulse

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 06:30:09 pm »

Sorry, I ddin't know. I have changed it, and I'm not asking anyone to beg. I'm just a little lost and need some help. Is there anyone else out there willing to help? Ill pay if I have to.

PvtPulse

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 06:12:32 pm »

So I guess no one can figure out the problem?

PvtPulse

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 05:58:21 pm »

This is horrible! I can't even get support on the support forum.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 06:13:16 pm »

Expected behaviour when constantly not respecting board rules...

PvtPulse

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 09:23:04 pm »

ok, but I think that for us who are new to all this, we should get some type of patience. I made a mistake. I didn't know something was turned on, and that means I get no support? This whole things is confusing to me, I'm just trying to figure it out. I thought I had followed all the rules and everything was correct.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 09:46:22 pm »

Have you successfully used batch add on other sites?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 09:37:17 am »

ok, but I think that for us who are new to all this, we should get some type of patience.
Being new with a post count of 48 and having registered on this forum in 2005? Sure... ::)

I didn't know something was turned on, and that means I get no support?
No, it means that you don't get any support from me. Others are free to support you if they think that you're deserving it. If they don't think so, then maybe you're out of luck. Maybe they have been looking at your previous postings so far, just like I did before I decided not to support you any longer, as you have a record of not respecting board rules, not following supporter's advice, not resolving your threads properly and generally speaking not showing very much respect for the free support given by others. You only come here if you need help and you don't even bother to say thanks once you got what you wanted. So yes, maybe you will no longer get support at all. Happens sometimes.

PvtPulse

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 10:22:53 pm »

Have you successfully used batch add on other sites?

Yes I have. It works on this site as well, thats what confuses me so much. The photoshoots on there were batch added. But when I try to add screen caps, even 1 by one, they wont work. Should I put tester in the admin category so you can see what I'm talking about?

PvtPulse

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 10:24:09 pm »

Being new with a post count of 48 and having registered on this forum in 2005? Sure... ::)
No, it means that you don't get any support from me. Others are free to support you if they think that you're deserving it. If they don't think so, then maybe you're out of luck. Maybe they have been looking at your previous postings so far, just like I did before I decided not to support you any longer, as you have a record of not respecting board rules, not following supporter's advice, not resolving your threads properly and generally speaking not showing very much respect for the free support given by others. You only come here if you need help and you don't even bother to say thanks once you got what you wanted. So yes, maybe you will no longer get support at all. Happens sometimes.

Ok, well thank you anyways.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 10:40:20 pm »

Looking through your previous posts you have failed to resolve all of them. I can understand why supporters gett annoyed. All you had to do was say thanks, that solved my problem. Instead you just walked away from every support thread. The most glaring one was when you asked VUUD for full code as you could not work it out. He then wrote a page to help you and you just vanish. Would you not consider that a little rude?

In the case of this thread you are probably running into ownership or permission problems but that is as far as I am willing to go.

PvtPulse

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 10:47:04 pm »

I wuld say yes it is, but me I am not that good. I cant even go back and see how you find my other posts. I'll tell them thanks with no problem. Alot of the times that I had asked for help, I searched a little harder and found it in the threads, and wouldnt know someone actually helped.

As far as that being as far as you will go. Thank you for going that far. But I truly dont even know what you mean by that and where to start. But thanks alot for trying. Any suggestions on other galleries?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 10:55:32 pm »

You simply click on your username and then click on show this users previous posts. You'll then be able to see what we mean.

As for permissions and ownership, google is your friend. It will show you how to set permissions.

PvtPulse

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 11:05:39 pm »

oh that? they are all 777. And its not giving me the failed symbol. Instead of going to that page it just refers back to the insert page. like so, I just made TESTER an admin, now if you try to batch add:

http://beyonceknowlesonline.com/photos/searchnew.php?startdir=caps/beyonce/atlast

to a folder, watch what it does.

Would they get upset if I said thank you this late? Wouldnt it bring and old post to the front page?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.