Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALT Tag Edit to include Cat + Album  (Read 5596 times)

turbozutek

• Coppermine newbie
    • The System
ALT Tag Edit to include Cat + Album
« on: May 10, 2010, 01:56:51 am »

Hi everyone!

I have a nice install of Coppermine which is running well, but I'd like to do something a bit different with the default ALT tags that appear with the display of images in thumbnail strip and displayimage.php (full size).

I'd love to have the ALT text say instead of simply 'filename' or 'file title' have a title generated by the preceding albums and categories so if I had a picture of 'Xmas Rave' in the album 'Ice NightClub' in the category 'Dance Events' it would generate the ALT tag of 'Dance Events - Ice NightClub - Xmas Rave'. So really, it would query DB and resolve 'Category --- Album --- FileTitle', I think.

Why bother with this?

Well;

1. It makes a bit more sense for the user (it tells you more about the image being viewed).
2. As near as I can tell, it's essential to have your images correctly categorised in GIS (That's a really important one, I think).
3. It would be VERY difficult to go and re-title 100's of pictures to fit in with this as it stands; and then the simple act of moving a few pics would throw it all out anyway.
4. It's nice on mobile devices, where there often isn't the screen real estate to view the full text + picture of the whole page.

I've had a search of the board and found a few threads which deal loosely with the ALT tag, but can't find or work out how to achieve the above. If any clever person could spend a minute and tell me / give me some pointers that would be very helpful; and very useful for myself and others I'm sure.  :D

Ta!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

turbozutek

• Coppermine newbie
    • The System
Re: ALT Tag Edit to include Cat + Album
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 12:31:53 pm »

Ah, of course:

http://www.turbozutek.f2s.com/index.php

Though it's pretty much just a base install, no different from any other standard coppermine.

As you can see from the site; categories are geographic regions and the albums are locations within those regions - so you can see why the request I'm making would be handy!  :)

/Hopes this all makes sense

Thanks Joachim!

Chris...

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 01:50:54 pm »

At the moment you are a little behind on the updates meaning your site could be at risk - http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upgrade_why

You'll need to upgrade first.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

turbozutek

• Coppermine newbie
    • The System
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 02:00:39 pm »

I did the patching of the bugs manually (as specified in the threads about them) as at the time I couldn't justify a whole version upgrade + reapplying any modifications to give me no extra actual features.

But yeah, 1.4.18 [my current] IS four or five steps back at this stage. I guess my job for today is to upgrade. (I'll get me upgradin' spanners out)

I'll report back after!

Chris...

turbozutek

• Coppermine newbie
    • The System
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 04:24:21 pm »

Ok, good news - I now have everything upgraded to Version 1.4.26;D

Chris...

turbozutek

• Coppermine newbie
    • The System
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 06:53:29 pm »

So... Anyone?  ;D

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 08:06:41 pm »

A quick search for "alt tag" returns loads of results on how to acomplish similar.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

turbozutek

• Coppermine newbie
    • The System
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 02:50:53 am »

I did have a study of the search results before posting my thread - yes, those do point to similar things, similar in the way a hamster is to a giraffe;D

This looked to be the closest match to the question:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,28786.html

Except, none of the sample 'find' code to replace exists any in of my themes. Also, how I would mod this to query for the category and album above it, no idea! Sorry, I'm not a PHP guru.

It's so strange, a gallery (collection of images) with next to no 'google images' optimisation? Such a shame, so I thought this would be useful mod / add on, not just for me.

Chris...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.