Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [cpg1.4x]:Link Append  (Read 12467 times)

brentmags

• Coppermine novice
  • "go on - export yourself"
[cpg1.4x]:Link Append
« on: May 16, 2010, 08:38:14 am »

hi i have version 1.2 running purposefully on my gallery and doing the job that is required subject to a large header at the top etc. Website:http://wrenegadeevents.com/universal%20photo%20gallery/index.php

what i have discovered in a round about fashion was when adding either a 'new album' or 'category' this can only be done when after having uninstalled the plugin, reinstalling it when you are satisfied with the additions.

subject to the various 'user rights' one makes available, unless you have administrator rights others cannot create albums. I am not a coder and although i am happy with the status quo there is an opportunity to add some code so that different users can create albums etc

feel free to test it out  ;D
username: bandit
password: 123

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [cpg1.4x]:Link Append
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:56:24 am »

Link leads to a 404 not found page.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

brentmags

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:55:53 am »

my bad GauGau...been having a few PC problems today concerning my gallery which is undergoing a "total" rebuild - has not been a 'go forward day'. That said i will reinstall all the plugins inclusive of the 'Link Append' and repost once up and running again.

just when it was going ok...but gotta love it and thnx for replying

brentmags

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 07:57:48 am »

if someone could be so kind or when the opportunity arises 'Link Append' after having reinstalling cpg...not wanting to make the same mistake twice still has me scratching my head.

i have changed the priority of the plugins to no avail and still find that the best solution for adding new albums/categories is to uninstall 'Link Append', add the albums/categories before reinstalling again. This means that only those with Admin rights can do this rendering users unable to have albums unless they are predone for them using their sign on details etc

website address: http://wrenegadeevents.com/universal_photo_gallery/index.php

username: bandit
password: 123

can upload pics, URI's and YouTube (tRial album incidently) but can't create new albums etc where user has full
permissions to do so by Group settings

regards
Brent

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 08:34:45 am »

I have no idea what you're talking about.
You might (for a start) post a link to the announcement thread of the plugin that you're refering to and that you're having issues with.

You appear to have edited coppermine's core code to accomplish your layout (that makes me go colorblind by the way) - the output around the "New" button on the album manager page for example looks like this:
Code: [Select]
<td align="center" style="background-color: #D4D0C8; width: 80px; height: 21px; border-top: 1px solid White; border-left: 1px solid White; border-right: 1px solid #808080; border-bottom: 1px solid #808080;"><a href="javascript:Album_Create();" style="color: Black; font-weight: bold;">New</a></td>Additionally, when looking at the status bar of the browser I can see that some piece of JavaScript that you deliberately have added cripples the link by trying to append reference to an anchor that is JavaScript-driven. Subsequently, the resulting generated output is
Code: [Select]
                                       <td style="background-color: rgb(212, 208, 200); width: 80px; height: 21px; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: White rgb(128, 128, 128) rgb(128, 128, 128) White;" align="center"><a href="javascript:Album_Create();#cpg_top" style="color: Black; font-weight: bold;">New</a>
                                        </td>
, which is even more silly. As a result, you can of course not create new albums. Turn all the silly stuff off. Upload a plain theme and try with that.

Joachim

P.S. I'm having a hard time to understand your English. Did you create your posting using an online translator or a similar tool? And is your name actually "Brent"?

brentmags

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 11:18:44 am »

Brent it is...and thanks for the reply Joachim - it seems i have some more work to do where the learning curve with cpg is stimulating to say the least
As for online english translator...just put it down to we Kiwis walk upside down (see graphic - well almost) in this neck of the woods subject to where we lie geographically. Just hope that this interpretation is more straight forward  ;D

the annoucement thread is: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=64967.new;topicseen#new

i am committed to stay with this theme for the time being for it aligns with the rest of my site which means i live with the limitations. That said i have copies of the 'virgin cpg files' for which i will go through the process again "minus" the silly stuff.

i thank you for highlighting my enthusiastic 'bungle'

Brent

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 02:37:52 pm »

the annoucement thread is: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=64967.new;topicseen#new
Huh? That's the very thread you started (the thread you're reading right now).

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 09:07:19 pm »

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

brentmags

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 10:24:14 pm »

Yes Phil that is the correct thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,63139.0.html and slightly embarrassed for i normally preview before posting so i apologise for not being 'on the ball'
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.