Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win2k Server IIS CPG Install Problem  (Read 5711 times)

rond

• Coppermine newbie
Win2k Server IIS CPG Install Problem
« on: October 17, 2003, 01:59:31 pm »

I have the above (in subject).  FFresh First time installs of PHP, MySQL etc.

When I run the CPG Install script via browser (IE6) all I get is a blank window.

I am sure I have not configured the supporting elements properly (first time) I am not sure where to begin looking for fix.

Thanks for any help

Ron

jasendorf

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.338tharmyband.com
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 03:33:48 pm »

Since I had never tried an IIS install, I thought I'd give it a whirl this morning.  I had to give "Full Control" to "All" in the security permissions for include, userpics and albums directories (which is just like chmod 777... even though it's not picked up by the installer).  Also, had to add an include path to my php.ini to the coppermine base directory.

Try those things.
Read the Online DOCs,FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

jasendorf

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 03:46:12 pm »

Also, it seems the php bundle I downloaded for Windows also does not include the GD2 package yet the installer didn't pick that up...
Read the Online DOCs,FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 06:46:53 pm »

To add GD2 to windows, you have to activate the extension in php.ini and place a DLL in the system file.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

jasendorf

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 07:19:56 pm »

Yep... that was it.  Had both dlls in the package but gd.dll was specified in php.ini...

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Don't try to run BOTH the gd and gd2 dlls at the same time... it was ugly...  live and learn.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 09:39:41 pm »

to do the equivalent of a chmod on a windows/iis machine, you'll have to look in two places (I'm quting by heart, as I don't run an IIS at home): file permissions (windows explorer, right click on folder/file, properties, security) -  look for a user called iusr (or similar, depending on your versions). That's the equivalent to the "others" group on lunix, i.e. the surfer accessing your site. The other user "i_something" is the user the webserver runs under (equivalent to "owner" in the lunix world). Remember to enable recursive permission inheritance in the advanced settings.

@rond: try running a simple php script to check if your server parses php at all (like <?php print 'Hello world'; ?> ) in the first place.

GauGau

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 04:39:25 am »

WOW !! I never knew any of this - Always thought that Windows was for my 6 year old playing games ;)
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

Zarsky

• VIP
    • Zerr Family Website
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2003, 04:42:15 am »

Quote from: "tarique"
WOW !! I never knew any of this - Always thought that Windows was for my 6 year old playing games ;)

yeah it should be....I am so sick of MS....but XP at least makes the MS world bareable....but I would never run it as a server ever again...I made a hugely bad mistake when I decided to run my server under XP.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.