Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading photo question......simple question :)  (Read 2780 times)

aliferste

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading photo question......simple question :)
« on: May 30, 2004, 02:05:56 pm »

Hello there,
Coppermine is now installed on my webspace but I have a few questions. I started having a look at the batch upload function and noticed that you cant ftp into the userpics folder so I understand that. So would it be ok to create a folder called say ...holiday pics....and then ftp photos into that and then do batch add?

In the meantime I have been adding photographs vie xp publlisher thingy and the add photo option in the gallery itself. When I browse the folders via ftp in the album folder there are like 5 folders one is "userpics" which has ALL the photos that i have uploaded by xp publisher and through coppermine and the other four folders are called things like wpw-3a and things like that...the other folders have no photos in them only an index file......is that normal or have i done something weird somewhere?

Also when I am linking to my photos I just (in firefox) click view image and copy the url .....is it ok to do that?

Alistair

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Uploading photo question......simple question :)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 05:16:43 pm »

1) only one question per thread.
2) posting links might help...
3) yes, you're meant to create subfolders within the albums folder and ftp-upload pics there.
4) Pics uploaded with XP-Publisher go into the userpics folder, that's expected behaviour

GauGau

aliferste

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Uploading photo question......simple question :)
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 05:23:07 pm »

1) only one question per thread.
2) posting links might help...
3) yes, you're meant to create subfolders within the albums folder and ftp-upload pics there.
4) Pics uploaded with XP-Publisher go into the userpics folder, that's expected behaviour

GauGau

Oops sorry about that!! Thanks anyway :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.