Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with buttons please  (Read 4162 times)

sownman

• Coppermine newbie
Need help with buttons please
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:01:52 am »

I have been reading and searching and am unable to get that little cartoon light to turn on over my head on this issue.
I have been modifying the igames theme for my daughter, not much but almost there. I am left with buttons leading to features we don't want. I see the stuff about copying the addbutton code from sample theme.php into mytheme.php then commenting out the buttons I don't want. Where I am completely mystified still is if mytheme.php has no addbutton code where are its buttons coming from ?  Exactly how do I determine which part of the code from sample theme.php to copy
and exactly where do I paste it into mytheme.php so that I can comment out part of it ? What are the begin and end markers and where is the insert point ?

My gallery in progress  http://www.michaelahartphotography.com/cprgallery/index.php

Thank you for any help

Steve

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Need help with buttons please
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 09:28:22 am »

What yo are trying is very easy but we need you to restore the coppermine footer before we are willing to show you how.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

sownman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 03:36:28 pm »

Ooops I didn't realize it was gone. When I made the BG color black it almost disappeared and when I got out
the little logos I must have done it as well. Will restore, and try to make it more visible as well.

Steve

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 05:21:30 pm »

yes, do it please and you will have the aswer to your question and of course the solution....
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

sownman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 07:17:57 pm »

Done. It wasn't actually gone. When I tried to replace I saw I hadn't removed the coppermine credit it just was black on black. Now lt grey on black. It's OK to remove the logos isn't it ?

Steve

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 07:22:22 pm »

Thanks, it is just the credit we insist on you keeping credit where it is due and all that. Anything else you are free to change as you wish.

To remove buttons from the menu we have a nice little plugin available. Simply install it and you can remove wichever buttons you wish from the admin panel - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,36605.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

sownman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 04:01:07 am »

Thanks guys I installed plugin and followed offered link to plugin thread. Didn't work
then I followed from that thread to this one

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,34637.msg162446.html#msg162446

finding plugin succes was theme dependant. I wrapped igames/theme.php button code per the instructions with begin and end. Then everything worked except for some reason the "my favorites"  I wrapped it in <!-- BEGIN favpics--> <!-- END favpics--> per the example but the plugin does not affect it. Any thoughts ?

Gallery in progress http://www.michaelahartphotography.com/cprgallery/index.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.