Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Album names  (Read 3737 times)

PaulC2K

• Coppermine newbie
Missing Album names
« on: June 18, 2004, 03:28:10 am »

Hi,

Ive done a search, and havent found a similar problem to mine, so here i am.

I installed this gallery about a week ago, and recently ive been setting it all up, and after getting used to a couple of little annoying features like having to have albums inside galleries and not allowing images to go freely into galleries (sometimes i dont need more than one area, so the gallery itself would be equally usefull, but having it in root means getting no thumbnails etc)

Anyway, when ive created new albums, theres no visable name for them.
Only when i batch add pics into the gallery, does its name become visable, surely this isnt correct??
If its not listing its name because its empty, why even show the folder so people click and see its not right, that makes me certain the missing name is a problem, and not a feature cos theres nothing in there.

Ive not changed many settings, only gallery name type settings, but certainly non that effect the setup/config of how it all works.

as the beastie boys would say, ch-ch-ch-check it out! ;)  http://www.mercuryracingteam.com/gallery

Take this one for example, it should have 3 galleries, S1 preview pics, S2 preview pics, and S3 preview pics
http://www.mercuryracingteam.com/gallery/index.php?cat=18
Instead, we have 3 nameless tables.

If anyone see's differently, please let me know, i get the same thing logged in as i do logged out.

Thanks in advance,
PaulC2K

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Missing Album names
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 11:01:13 am »

This is a well discussed issue that affects empty albums at the start of categories.  It is fixed in version 1.3.0, which you are advised to upgrade to.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

PaulC2K

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 09:43:47 pm »

Thanks for the reply Casper,

1.2.1 was part of fantasico, so i figured id give it a try and kinda like it, not 100% sure on it over 4Images, so im gonna keep at it and see what others think.

I've just upgraded 1.2.1 to 1.3.0 following the instrucions in Docs, and it updated fine.

However...
Im still missing my album names! I've deleted the folder, recreated it, recreated the albums, and still no sign of an album name!
I dont want to have to upload a nonsense file into the folder just so that its visable, and i see no sign of it correcting this problem itself.

Im gonna installed 4Im and make a start on that, i need something fairly soon, hopefully its a working Coppermine gallery rather than 4Im's

Any suggestions are appreciated, if i need to get this moved to the 1.3.0 area, then if someone with mod status could do this, that would be appreciated, otherwise i'll have to create a new topic in there.

PC2K

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 11:20:37 pm »

Try updating your index.php, by getting the latest versionfrom http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/coppermine/stable/index.php.

This has a bug fix in it.  Let us know if this helps.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.